Almost healed!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Almost healed!

Postby Foodgeek » 26 Oct 2010, 08:27

Hi all! I had my LIS surgery on October 15 and it's been wonderful to finally get relief! I have some pain medication - my surgeon was quite generous with her prescription on that - but I really don't need it. The pain of the surgery is much less than the pain of the fissure was, and it started healing almost immediately. There is a bit of scar tissue where the fissure was, but I expect that to get smaller, and I have a couple of sutures where my surgeon tried to minimize a couple of small internal hemorrhoids. I'm not sure if she'll remove the sutures on my follow up visit this Thursday or if she'll let them come out on their own?
Anyway, I'm very happy, and the surgery is a very good thing. The only slight downside is that I have to be a bit more careful if I feel gassy, because I have to be absolutely certain whether it's really just a angel gas, unless I'm in the bathroom anyway. Sorry to be so graphic. Image
Thank you all for your support. Just reading this forum is very enlightening and I've enjoyed it.
Foodgeek
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Almost healed!

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 27 Oct 2010, 00:25

Hey there, glad to hear you're doing so well after surgery! I know what you mean about the f arts. I was wary of them for a while afterward myself :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45