Anal Fissue finally healed

What worked for me

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Anal Fissue finally healed

Postby Alex101 » 18 Nov 2014, 13:58

My anal Fissure was caused by colonoscopy procedure that I had four months ago it was roughly about a week after the procedure that I started feeling pain so I scheduled a follow-up appointment with my gastrointestinal doctor he confirmed that I had a deep gash anal fissure , he prescribed something called RECTIV ointment nitroglycerin 0.4. . Be sure that you apply the ointment directly on the Fissue , The mistake I made for many months was not applying it directly on the Fissue because of severe pain , this was a huge mistake . Just bite down and apply it directly on the Fissue and you'll get almost instant results ay least i did , the ointment does cause headaches as a side effect , but was a small price to pay in order to relieve that horrible pain , anyway I hope this helps. By the way very important Rectiv ointment cost anywhere from $400-$600 however you can get a coupon online from rectiv website show the coupon to your pharmacist and it only cost $40 I showed him directly from my iPhone , take care ! The
Alex101

Topics: 1

Re: Anal Fissue finally healed

Postby Fissurefrustration » 18 Nov 2014, 14:29

so glad your feeling better!!
how long/often did you use your GTN cream?
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Re: Anal Fissue finally healed

Postby Alex101 » 18 Nov 2014, 15:10

Rectiv o.4 is actually an ointment , kinda looks like Vaseline , it's not really a cream , i used it 3 times a day for about 4 months , i was not applying correctly until the last 2 weeks of treatment , the pain i had was so bad i could not fathom shoving my finger high enough to reach the fissure , went to another appointment and my doctor said i must apply it directly to the wound or it wont heal .. .. so i started doing it like he said and he was correct ... In addition i applied something called "ozone /olive oil balm" to the wound this was my mother suggestion and started taking an Amino Acid called L- Arginine 500mg 2 tablets 3 times a day , not sure if all that did the trick it might have been the combination of all these things , all i know is im not in hell anymore , knock on wood... people that have not had this experience don't know what pain is ! lol , if there is anything else i can do to help , please let me know-- P.S get some stool softeners and take them 3 times a day ! and stay away from Dairy products best you can ... constipation is your enemy in this battle
Alex101

Topics: 1