anal fissure

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: anal fissure

Postby Guest » 05 Jan 2008, 05:47

tks for the good advice from members i have got over the hard tipped poo with flax oil morning and evening, hot grape juice with breakfast and MOM before going to bed.
I have hardly any pain during BM but have burning sensation and pain while sitting and standing during the forenoon only. there is hardly any pain after i have lunch which is normally rice and curry.if i lie down on a bed the pain completely stops. so i take 500mg Paracetamol after BM and use Pramoxine cream which was prescribed by my dr. can members pl suggest some better options.does dichlofenac help in my condition.I have been having this problem for the past 6 weeks. My condition is better than what it was a few weeks ago. Which is the best time to consider surgery.My dr. has left the option to meme.

Postby val » 05 Jan 2008, 10:56

I'm not sure curry is a good idea as spices can burn like crazy!Are you on adequate fibre and lots of fruit and veggies?
I'm allergic to dichlofenac but it is like ibruprofen, which is good for the pain.
Could you ask your doctor for diltiazem cream which will relax things down there and speed up healing. It could even cure it-I sort of cured mine, but it healed over with a fistula underneath it. I think the time to decide to have surgery is when you feel ready for it, or when you have had enough of being in pain. Choose a good CRS to do it though!
Good luck!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby val » 05 Jan 2008, 10:57

I'm not sure curry is a good idea as spices can burn like crazy!Are you on adequate fibre and lots of fruit and veggies?
I'm allergic to dichlofenac but it is like ibruprofen, which is good for the pain.
Could you ask your doctor for diltiazem cream which will relax things down there and speed up healing. It could even cure it-I sort of cured mine, but it healed over with a fistula underneath it. I think the time to decide to have surgery is when you feel ready for it, or when you have had enough of being in pain. Choose a good CRS to do it though!
Good luck!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 05 Jan 2008, 12:50

I take diclofenac, but I do find that it takes a while to work so I take paracetamol first thing as well :)
Glad the flax oil and MOM is working for you...
I can't eat curry as the spices irritate something terrible on the way out, but if you're used to it it might not affect you :)
welcome to the forum by the way :)

Postby buttgirl » 07 Jan 2008, 16:48

It sounds like the stinging might be cuased by the curry. Anything with capsaicin spicy stung my fiss like crazy. Tumeric too stung. Perhaps you could replace the curry with something else. Maybe a yogurt based sauce over rice or maybe spinach with paneer that is light on the spice. Perhaps chaning to a hummus based lunch would work too. I find plain ole vegetarian beans to be nice on the rump.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 07 Jan 2008, 19:29

Oh yesssssss - spices burn !!!! Now that my CRS "refreshed" my fissure it s very sensitive to anything that is not Ph 7, and I had to stop taking supplements that have ANY kind of spice inside (grrrrrrrrrrrrr....). I don't think rice is good for fissure either - white rice can make poop hard. Try brown rice instead.
LECIA, do you lube outside or inside ?
All the best !!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61