anal fissure

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

anal fissure

Postby Guest » 20 Dec 2007, 00:47

i have had external pilessince1990.siz baths/glyvenol/paramoxene diet and good BM habits have kept it under control all these years.
one year ago i was diagnosed with on anal fissure. Dr prescribed normacol plus/lactulose 15 ml before bed time and paramoxene cream. my af healed but came back again after 6 months.with the above treatment in went away .it lasted for about 2 weeks
it has come back again.i have a gut feeling it came back due to acidity or while using anti biotics for other reasons
This time around i have one serious problem and hope members could suggest something
i have a problem of getting my stool out for the first inch or so then it is smooth. but the damage/pain/comes from the first few inches
ktsuda
:pale:

Re: anal fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 20 Dec 2007, 08:00

Oh yes, the old hard-tipped poo. How to avoid it? That is one of the hardest questions facing any AF sufferer. One boardie seems to have hit on one excellent possibility -- Buttgirl (Chris) has suggested eating citrus fruits with breakfast. The water is "bound" to the fruit as it passes down the digestive tract and hopefully keeps things soft(er) at the tip.
Or just be sure to drink adequate water at breakfast.
One other possibilty *might* be to go ahead and try and have a second BM later in the day to remove the potential offending stool, the one that is drying out and hardening on it's tip. I am just guessing here, though!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 20 Dec 2007, 09:06

I lubricate with KY jelly and A&D ointment before I go to help that part slide out more. You might want to try a stool softener like colace, miralax or milk of magnesia. Just a little though.

I also take fish oil and flax seed oil supplements every day to help coat the stool so that is passes more easily.

Postby juney » 20 Dec 2007, 16:22

i have the "hard tipped" problem too. my solution has been Milk of Magnesia. i'm not sure if you have this where you are, but if you can find something similar it may help. i take 2 tablespoons before i go to bed and as soon as i wake up i have a liquidy bowel movement. it's obviously not a long term solution, but i'm hoping not injuring the fissure w/ hard tipped poos for a few weeks will give it some time to heal without constant irritation. i'm planning to slowly taper off the milk of magnesia and stick only with stool softeners.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby buttgirl » 21 Dec 2007, 11:16

I also find that int he winer soup first thing in the morning helps to ward off the hard tipped poo.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby val » 21 Dec 2007, 12:29

I have pure fruit juice with hot water every morning and experimented with aloe vera juice, flaxoil, and MOM until I got it spot on. If you start off with a little of each and have a bit more each day until it gets perfect. My personal perfect solution is:
1teaspoon faxoil-morning
2tablespoons aloe vera juice-morning
1/2 pint fresh juice with hot water-morning
1teaspoon flaxoil-evening
2tablespoons aloe vera-evening
2teaspoons MOM-evening
But everyones different, you may need more or less! Good luck!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 21 Dec 2007, 12:41

Thanks for sharing that Val! :ctree:

Postby val » 21 Dec 2007, 13:22

Its taken me months to perfect it, but I got there in the end
!Now I've said that, it won't work tomorrow, I'll have jinxed it!
val
King Fissure

Postby motherluch » 21 Dec 2007, 21:39

Can you guys tell me what brand aloe juice you use, and has anyone used George's Aloe Vera Juice??
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby val » 22 Dec 2007, 04:22

I'm in England, so its probably different, but I use Holland and Barretts own make . Yesterday I started on a new brand but it tastes yukky! I think as long as you get 100% aloe vera juice, anything should be ok.
val
King Fissure