Annie's got a new Butt!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Annie's got a new Butt!

Postby Guest » 14 Dec 2006, 01:47

Hi all
:sleep: I don't think I have the energy to write a huge saga on how the op went.. but I will just write down for you all that it seems to have been a sucess, when I woke up from the op, I was really sick, vomitted for ages.. i was scared I was gonna re-tear from all the vomiting.. but they soon gave me stuff to get rid of the sick feeling.
Cheryl I know you said that my biggest fear would be my first BM and not to worry about it because it would be fine.. but I was still sooooo scared in the end.. I sat in that hospital be for almost all tuesday wondering when it would happen.. then whammo about lunchtime I felt the pang.. they had given me some laxatives and some sorbital liquid. When I went it was so easy, like it just fell out! :shock: Hallelujah! I cried and cried.. I have never felt so relieved in my life. I had not had a painless BM for god knows how long!
And the spasms.. they are GONE Image I cant believe it!
Anyhow, Ive been having salt baths as it feels really tender and sore.. theres no bleeding or pain,, just tenderness. I also been drying my butt with the hair dryer just to be sure its dry.
I am a little itchy, but im hoping the wet wipes and then the hair dryer will stop that.
OK well just wanted to drop in to let you know it went ok.
I will let you know again soon how I am doing. Just putting my feet up and not doing anything.. wanna make sure I kick this thing once and for all!
THanks for all your support!
Love Annie Image

Re: Annie's got a new Butt!

Postby Guest » 14 Dec 2006, 02:42

Annie,
I am so relieved for you! I know that had to have been so scary going in Image I sure like the idea of staying overnight, even just for the rest Image
It is so encouraging to hear all of the success stories, with more to come I'm sure....hopefully my own at some point Image
Keep on resting and I look forward to hearing of your continued improvement!
ttyl,
Sara

Postby Deleted User 5 » 14 Dec 2006, 11:09

And I'm next...........Image

Less than two weeks to go....

Hugh :joker:
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 14 Dec 2006, 16:37

thanks for sharing annie.
i hope you have a successful recovery without a lot of pain in the ass :santa:
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

yay!

Postby Guest » 15 Dec 2006, 10:39

Annie I am SO proud of you. I'm happy it went well and that you are recovering well. Make sure to take in lots of fiber.
Congrats!
Geneviиve

Postby Cheryl » 15 Dec 2006, 15:50

Well done Annie
sounds like your on the road to a good recovery :bounce:
what did i tell ya?? you'd be fine.. your butt is gonna be ready just in time for christmas lunch! :santa: Yeehar!!
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby Guest » 30 Dec 2006, 22:41

Wow, thanks for all your messages guys - i am nearly at the 3 week mark since the op and all is going swell Image I am so glad i had it done, i am now back at work, eating well, and now my next step is to hopefully stop taking fibre and softener.. and just rely on diet.
I cant tell you all how much i appreciate your support through my pre-op nerves and giving me helpful advice.. lord knows what would of become of my ass if i didnt get your good advice..
well HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone and thanks again
Love annie
:bom:

Postby Guest » 02 Jan 2007, 15:31

thank you for your support too... I agree with you, this forum and the people in it are what gave me enough courage to go ahead with the surgery!
Happy new year!
G.

Postby Guest » 03 Jan 2007, 22:11

Yah likewise.. thats why i went and plucked up the courage - coz i had all these guys here inspiring me Image

Postby Guest » 20 Jan 2007, 05:13

So its now about 2 days short of 6 weeks since my LIS, thought it would be good for me to update all on how I am going.
I can not believe it but I feel almost totally cured :shock: I have no pain during BM's, no spasms, no nothing :D
I am still on my Sorbilax, but just 10ml once in the evening and just a small amount of metamucil in the evening (About 1 teaspoon in cup)
That is a huge decrease since a few weeks ago!
My diet is still very healthy and fibre full so I think that is mostly the reason I am doing so well, and I feel GREAT! All this healthy food is doing me good!
Just want to thank everyone here again for all their wonderful advice and support, seriously I could not have plucked up the courage to do this without all of your kind words and helpful information.
I cant wait to help others now!
Hip Hip Hooray for LIS Image
Love Annie
:kiss: