Another flaxseed question

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Another flaxseed question

Postby Jen » 23 Jul 2008, 22:37

Thanks everyone!!!
Val - Yeah you better stay away from the ground stuff - 5 times is a bit irritating even if you don't have a butt issue! Image I can imagine how hard it must be traveling with a kid who has ADHD. You are probably a pro by now! Are you sure you don't want to fly across the ocean and show me how to tackle my toddler??? Image
I actually have a whole diaper bag put together for the plane flight. I have a DVD player, movies, snacks, stickers, paper, crayons, toys, and books. He has never seen any of the things we are taking on the plain with us. I just bought them all this week. This way they are "new" to him and he will not be so bored. The flight to MN is only 3 1/2 hours. This is a test for us because our next trip is Hawaii and thats like a 6 hour flight I think! Image
Good luck on your trip Lecia! Have fun with your girls and be kind to your butt! :D
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Jo » 24 Jul 2008, 08:22

Jen and Lecia,
Hope you both have wonderful trips.
Jen,
We'll miss you here. Where in Minnesota are you going? We are over here in SD, come and visit! Good luck with the little guy on the plane, sounds like you will have everything in control.
I grind a small amount of flax daily and put it in my oatmeal. I also try to take several fish super omega capsules daily. Not sure if I've notice any changes in bm's with either of them.
Wishing you both lots of relaxation and fun!
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 24 Jul 2008, 17:51

Jen,
I take flaxseed 3x a day. I have never tried the other stuff. I think the pill works great. I also take fish oil at night. I like that too. I think either one would be fine to use, but try the pill they are easy to swallow.
Patty

Postby Jen » 24 Jul 2008, 21:35

Jo -

My parents livve in the twin cities area. We are taking my little guy to the Minnesota Zoo & the Mall of America. I can't wait to go shopping!

Do you ever get the mucus with your BM's anymore? I have not had this for like a couple months, and today I did! No blood though. I hope it was a one time incident. i tend to start feaking out over this stuff.

Patty -

Nice to have you back! How has your butt been??? I hope all is well!
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Jo » 25 Jul 2008, 09:01

Hi Jen,
How fun! I am sure the little guy will love the rides and the animals! Enjoy the shopping!! It will be great for gma and gpa to get to know their grandchild. I miss my granddaughter, she lives in Texas.
The mucus is pretty much gone, I have not noticed it for awhile. I think it comes from healing and maybe at times from what you are eating?? I wouldn't worry about it especially if there is no blood. It sounds like you are doing all you should be doing so I wouldn't worry about it. Remember Fiss and her lab and mucus! She is so funny!
Have a great time visiting and ENJOY your time off! You deserve it!!
Blessings,
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Jo » 11 Aug 2008, 15:34

Hi Jen,
How was your trip? Did you make it to the zoo and mall of america? Hope you had a nice break from school. Have you started back to school? I know you maybe wrote about your trip but I missed it!
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Jen » 11 Aug 2008, 17:41

Jo -
Thanks for asking! My trip was fun. We went to the zoo & the mall. My son rode his first ride on the merry go round! At the zoo, he was so excited to see all the animals, he was calling them all dinosaurs and everyone was laughing. I never talked about my trip because I had my setback upon my return and was totally misrable. How are you doing? I know you had a recent setback??
I am still praying nightly for Jared. I hope everything goes well with the treatment.
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Jo » 11 Aug 2008, 18:04

:hi: Jen,
It is so fun to have little ones to share experiences with. I miss that! I know they can get so excited, it is great just to be with them! Before you know it they are all grown up. Does he talk about the "dinosaurs"? That is so cute. Image
Hoping you were able to enjoy your time in MN. So sorry you had such a bad time upon your return home. Do you think it was from the change in your schedule? Are you feeling better? I hope so.
Thank you so much for your prayers, we appreciate every one of them. We are just kind of waiting for treatment, trying to plan the best time. I also will try to reach the dr later this week to see if he has gotten and reviewed the heart reports.
I am feeling a little better, haven't had diahrrea for a day and half now, hoping everything gets regular again. I'm still not sure if it was a virus or just the stress getting to me. I guess the bleeding is better since I haven't had a bm now for a little while. I am trying to use the ointment again, things seem to be a little tight (spasming??) I haven't been taking as much fiber as I should so that probably isn't helping me.
Are you back in school?
Take care,
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Jen » 11 Aug 2008, 22:14

Jo -
Your so lucky you live so close to the Mayo clinic for Jared. They will take good care of him. Please keep us updated on everything - I really do wish you all the best. I actually just had my second blood test for Hep C a few weeks ago. The clinic I got my colonoscopy done at in December got caught resusing dirty syringes on patients to save money. There were quite a few people that tested positive for Hep C and a couple people that tested positive for HIV. I had my first test done in January and one in July and both have been negative.
I am glad your feeling better already. How long were you on the ointment for? These scars are so sensitve they always just rip open out of nowhere! I feel better as well. I am back on nitro so things feel pretty good down there. I have occasional pinching and stabbing pains - I have no idea what that is - spasms I guess?
Yes, my boy is crazy about dinosaurs. That is all he talks about. Boy, he is going to be disappointed when he learns they are all dead!
I started school again last week. I am not looking forward to missing a week due to my LIS, but I really don't have much of a choice.
How is your Keloid doing?
Take Care Jo - It is good to see you have your spirits up! Image
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Jo » 12 Aug 2008, 07:47

Jen,
We are happy that we are fairly close to Mayo Clinic, they certainly seem to be much more knowledgeable whenever we go there. They know what they are doing. That is terrible about your scare with hep c, I have read about that in the news. I can't believe that would happen these days when everyone knows of the risks. When Jared had surgery all those years ago, just a newborn, we asked about giving blood for him and were told they had the safest blood supply in the world. It is hard to think this could have been avoided, if only...
I looked at my nefidipine and my prescription started March 8, I used it until about a month ago. Guess I will try to keep going a little longer with it. It's just a little inconvenient at times, but if it works it is worth it.
My kids used to love dinosaurs, especially the boys. Do you do videotaping? It is nice to occasionally look back and see them so small. They are so cute!
It will be difficult missing a week off school, but hopefully you can make up for some in advance. Do you have understanding instructors?
My keloid has started bothering me again. I am not looking forward to more steroid injections at the end of this month. It really seemed to mess with my heart rate. Lots of palpitations, though maybe this week it is due to stress??
I am trying Not to dwell on all the bad because it is too overwhelming for me at times.
Thanks Jen,
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist