Any Problems with Inseration?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Any Problems with Inseration?

Postby SunshineHope » 25 Nov 2008, 03:12

My apologies in advance if the subject of this topic sounds a bit odd Image lol
I was wondering if anyone has ever had any problems inserting any type of medication, applicator, or syringe up the anus to apply medication. Usually I've been alright, but for the past few days, I only insert it a little bit because I feel a tiny bit of burning when I insert it more than maybe 1 to 1.5 inches in. I almost feel as if there is still some poo stuck up there from the previous BM that is causing friction and telling me to "get out". But usually the syringe or q-tip will come out clear (no color or residue or anything that would suggest that something is still there). & My BMs for the past few days have been very light for some reason, even though I'm still fairly regular. I think it's because I haven't been eating that much due to studying. I sort of feel that if I use a finger, it is easier to slide in and I don't feel that same difficulty/discomfort. It just feels really strange now using a q-tip or syringe, not like acutely painful but just more uncomfortable than I've ever noticed before Image
I'm not sure if anyone else has ever had any problem with inserting stuff.. I am thinking of trying to lube a rubber glove finger and using that to put the diltiazem inside. Or looking for a finger cot. One assumption I had is, maybe I wasn't lubing the q-tip or syringe enough Image or maybe I'm not relaxed enough when inserting it so my muscles are still tense/stiff. Maybe a finger causes less discomfort/burning because it's warm and soft. Sounds a bit bizarre, I know. I just hope it's not a bad sign. Any ideas would be helpful Image Image
Thanks and love to all!
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Re: Any Problems with Inseration?

Postby Guest » 25 Nov 2008, 05:50

Image ODD !!! LOL….Nooooo not to a fissure sufferer !!! Image
If you feel more comfortable using a finger/cot then go with , I too sometimes find a finger is easier but make sure your finger nail is very short and scrupulously clean, for a more active fissure and inflammation I would use the applicator as it is smaller, sometimes I can feel sore if I do not take my time in inserting the applicator , the key is to relax, try some cream externally first and yes lube around the applicator !
A long soak first will help :bathtub:
Why do I feel like an expert here !! :roll:

Postby Mr. Fissure » 25 Nov 2008, 13:02

Hello,
I use a glove finger when applying the Nifedipine cream. I actually cut the fingers out of the gloves instead of throwing the hole glove away. I'm not sure what cream you are using but was told not to insert my cream inside. You said you insert 1" or more which may be too far, also you probably are tensing up when you do it. Best of Luck to you!
Mr. Fissure
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby SunshineHope » 25 Nov 2008, 19:00

Haha Tabby, you *are* an expert Image. Mr. Fissure, I'm using diltiazem. Many have recommended it aids in healing if you put the diltiazem inside. I've tried using it externally but it has irritated by skin tags so I feel it's better inside :( .
Today I tried using my finger and I had no problem inserting it, but I felt like my anal canal was sooo tiny and barely stretching - like even my finger was making it stretch a whole lot. I also felt a sort of ridge along the anal wall, it wasn't exactly protruding or bumpy, but it just felt like it was part of the anal wall. Is this normal? Or is the anal wall supposed to be smooth? Could it be the fissure that high up? I felt it along the wall, maybe even upto 2 inches in, it was vertical so started lower. It didn't hurt but it just felt a bit irritating to have my finger that high. I'm wondering if it could be an internal hemmy......
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Fissulyna » 25 Nov 2008, 21:42

Stay out of your anus LOL. ESPECIALLY that high Image . The cream should get in just half of an inch - if at all. Pushing anything that can further irritate your anus or fissure is not advisable. If you feel pain and discomfort - you should stop doing it - in my humble opinion.
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 25 Nov 2008, 22:12

I think Fiss is right. I forgot exactly how far the Mayo CRS told me to go but I think it was 1 cm.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby SunshineHope » 26 Nov 2008, 00:18

I only felt pain when I used a very uncomfortable syringe or a q-tip that's not lubed enough. The whole application idea is convoluted though: some would only apply on the outside, others say it needs to go as high up as possible. Who knows, really. I've been reviewing the old diltiazem/nifedipine posts and some people suggested putting it a few inches up, some CRSs suggested until the first knuckle. This would mean the entire finger is inserted. I think it really depends on each person. For me, I'm going to stick with 2 or 3 cms in for now.
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Fissulyna » 26 Nov 2008, 01:51

First knuckle - they mean first joint starting from the TIP if your finger Sunny-girl Image Image Image Yes, nobody knows what to do exactly - all of those treatments are new and in about 10 years they will have enough data to know how much, where and how deep to apply correctly Image
You do what feels right for you Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby SunshineHope » 26 Nov 2008, 02:25

The tip to the joint isn't "a few inches" like they've recommended, Fissy Image . Again, I think it differs from person to person so yes, I'll just play around with whatever feels right. I hate this stupid fissure.
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist