Anyone with 'healed' fissure get this residue BURN post BM?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anyone with 'healed' fissure get this residue BURN post BM?

Postby Fissurefrustration » 15 Mar 2017, 13:01

Hey All,

thought I'd post this in the general chat - most people know my history now! Had anorectal issues for years, fissures reoccurring, multiple surgeries, botox etc etc.

That's lead me to today - "healed" BM's don't really hurt, area feels fine otherwise but after BM if I don't have a bath to wash off any residue left in the bath I get this burn that's as bad as fissures all around the sphincter - like a chronic itch caused by stinging nettles which lasts until I can wash the area.

BMs are well formed, no sign of bile acid, blood or mucus, I'm just assuming my stool is really acidic and any trace of stool left after BM is just irritating the sphincter? I'm so grateful I have no more fissures but the skin there is SO sensitive this post bm burn is driving me up the wall as when I'm at work I can't bathe after a BM, I'm stuck with the pain for hours until I get home.

Any tips or people with the same issue?

FF
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Re: Anyone with 'healed' fissure get this residue BURN post

Postby GilmoreGirl » 15 Mar 2017, 15:10

Hi there!

I have burning after bm but it seems to be from spasm, even though my fissures are healed.

If your sphincter pressure is normal, maybe it's leftover scar tissue and sensitive skin left over from using topical treatments. I would try a vitamin E gel or oil on this, just to build up some strength against irritation. Maybe give it a try!
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby chachacha » 15 Mar 2017, 22:53

Can you take a small squeeze bottle to work with you? And then fill it up before you enter the cubicle?
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby suzyljank » 16 Mar 2017, 08:05

Sometimes the burning is caused because your bm may be a bit too large and the extra stretching is causing small spasms, remember you've had surgery so your bottom isn't quite the same. I had this for a long time after surgery and then I someone told me to add just a little bit more miralax to my daily dose and it seemed to help. Still have fully formed bms but just a bit softer. After a few days I go back to my regular dose but if that comes back I adjust the dose up a little bit again.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic