Apologies for forum's theme display

Any changes made on the Forum, this is where you will find it. Any news, this is where we will share it with you!

Return to Forum Announcements

Apologies for forum's theme display

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Sep 2013, 14:44

Hey everyone!  I apologize profusely for the sudden and unexpected "demolition"  of the boards graphics and themes and hope I have managed to get it back under control.  Apparently Photobucket now wants money for a certain amount of bandwidth and we exceeded that bandwidth here, sometimes over the past couple days or maybe just within the past couple hours, since I recieved their warning via e-mail today.  So for now we are stuck with the plain vanilla offering from Forumotion.  
I hope it wasn't too much of an inconvenience for anyone needing support from this terrible malady which I endured several years ago.   Maybe one of our new admins can find a way to make the look of the board more delightful in the near future;  unfortunately I cannot be here on any regular basis anymore but I do try and keep an eye on this wonderful place of healing, information, and most of all support because I recall how much this board helped me and meant to me and I hope it continues to help all AF sufferers for a LONG time to come.  Again, sorry but if you want to throw a shoe at anyone, throw it a Photobucket.com, LOL...
Image Image Image
Last edited by Deleted User 5 on 04 Sep 2013, 15:11, edited 2 times in total.
Deleted User 5

Re: Apologies for forum's theme display

Postby owmybum » 04 Sep 2013, 15:01

I wondered what had happened!!
Sadly.... I have not a techie bone in my body... So I am of no help!!:oops: 
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Sep 2013, 15:05

Owmybum, it really is a tedious thing to set up all the graphics and now that Photobucket wants money, I don't know what can be done.  I am sure the graphics could be hosted somewhere else for free but it's been many a year since I did any of this stuff, lol.  Its a CHORE!!  Image
Deleted User 5

Postby Now66 » 04 Sep 2013, 20:19

Ah ha. I wondered what happened.
I am a long time member of a hobby forum which is easily run off voluntary contributions. Contributions are transmitted via PayPal. Perhaps that could be done here for this invaluable service.
Now66
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby pinpin » 05 Sep 2013, 10:43

Mobile version still nice looking. Kim I am web developer and can fix the things and find resolution.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Mood: Good

Postby pinpin » 05 Sep 2013, 10:45

Also i posses small hosting company where actually we can store pictures or even whole web site
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Postby Deleted User 5 » 05 Sep 2013, 10:53

Thanks so much igrik. It's really not that hard, it's just a matter (as I'm sure you know) of hosting each individual graphic and then assigning them their "spot" on the website. The actual graphics are still on my photobucket so I can scoop them up or email their links to you. A person who is no longer here bought the rights to the images from an artist in Scotland, so if you want to use the same images that is OK. OR if the current boardies want a different theme, then that would involve procuring new images and their rights. In any event, I will message you with my e-mail so you can contact me when you like about this.
Now66, it is really not a matter of money to keep the board going, it was just a matter of the web site that hosted our images which gave this board a different (and happy) look than most of the other forumotion boards. So we are good. It sounds like igrik can host any future images for us for free!!
Deleted User 5

Postby pinpin » 05 Sep 2013, 11:01

Hi,
Yes, you would need to transfer all images to me. And also give some access to admin panel to reconfigure image sources or even I can do some code changes if required.
Anyway lets get in touch in emails or skype
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Postby Now66 » 05 Sep 2013, 14:28

Thanks Kim. I do know that running a forum can take a great deal of attention. I do much appreciate the efforts with this one.
Now66
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby Deleted User 5 » 06 Sep 2013, 11:12

You are very welcome, Now66.  Let me thank all the current administrators here and you guys now have a new admin, igrik1989, who probably knows more about these type of forums than any of us save maybe neuropthicguy who isn't around anymore, but then, neither am I, lol.  Irgrik is on the case and soon we'll have either the old look back or something new and special for all you boardies.  I am trying to get in touch with the artist who's work graced our board up until a few days ago to make sure we can still use her work, but if not, igrik1989 is going to set you all up something else just as good if not better!
Deleted User 5