back from surgery!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: back from surgery!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 12 Jan 2008, 07:04

Oh Val!! that sounds terrible! It *has* to be better by today! Surely! It should lessen every day...I recall my first couple days were quite rough and I was wishing i hadn't done it, but now of course I'm so glad I did!!
But you are on your way to finally healing, how wonderful is that going to be, huh?
Keep us informed as to your progress as much as you are able. We have you in our thoughts!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 12 Jan 2008, 17:40

Glad to hear the op went well.
Hope your pain is less today :(
It sounds like he did a thorough job, especially removing the skin-tag as well. Hopefully you got it over with in one hit.
The trapped wind sounds awful, I bet you thought you were on your way out!
Big hugs to you, hope you're back up on your feet soon xx

Postby Fissulyna » 12 Jan 2008, 21:48

How are you doing dear VAL Image ??? I suppose that you must have been in a lot of pain because you are not posting :( :( :( :( !!!! We have no news from Lecia either - needless to say we are all worrying here like crazy Image about two of you ...I am so sorry buddy if you are in much discomfort - I wish I could give you a hug Image and help somehow ....I hope that nurse is nice and gentle and is helping you with wound care.
Please write us as soon as you can. Hold on dear friend - pain must pass soon !!!
We are all sending you bunch of hugs and kisses Image and are looking forward for your fast recovery and pain free future !
XOXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo :arwen:
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby val » 13 Jan 2008, 09:20

Thank you all for your support, you are all so lovely!
Well, I am at least downstairs, and sitting at the computer, so that has to be progress!
Was dreading first trip to the bathroom, and actually nearly passed out in there, but it was from the apprehension of it because it didn't really hurt that much, but it was painful afterwards!
I've been in bed most of the time, felt really weak and faint, but feel a bit more positive today.
The pain is absolutely awful, but then I can only take paracetamol because of allergies, I did chance taking ibruprofen which helped immensely.
I'm so worried about Lecia, I hope she writes soon.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Deleted User 5 » 13 Jan 2008, 09:28

Hi Val,
I am so glad you are making progress! I knew you would, girl!
If you can, I would recommend you jump in a hot bath right after the BM...it's what I did right after my surgery and it helped a lot!
You will feel weak for some time, but the pain should lessen every day! Believe that, because it will!
Lecia is Ok and back home just in too much pain to post, but I suspect we will hear from her anytime now...
Deleted User 5

Postby val » 13 Jan 2008, 10:14

thanks Kim!
it is better today compared to when I came home, but I still can't walk straight-Imust look really funny!
I used to love all my hot baths, but for some reason, it makes me feel queasy now when I get in there-just in the mind I guess!
Is it supposed to be painful after BM? And is it still supposed to be bleeding? I know its only a couple of days so I shouldn't expect much, but this is way scary!
I'm so, so relieved that Lecia is back home-I hope you're not suffering too much, Lecia-get well soon!
val
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 13 Jan 2008, 10:19

Val,
Everyone seems to react differently to their first BM after the surgery. My BMs were very difficult and made me very sore afterwards. It hurt. Others have said it went off quite nicely. As long as the pain is somewhat moderate and subsides over the next hour or two, then you should be OK.
Tomorrow you should feel a bit better, and in small increments improve everyday -- a week will show a large gain. Just keep in mind that it *is* a three week recovery and the pain is part of that. You will know if the pain is too intense and is a signal that something is wrong...
Keep your chin up, 'cause you are really getting there now...
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 13 Jan 2008, 16:51

Oh Val :D , that is GREAT !!!!!! You "jumped over your last hurdle" , and now it is going to be just going forward in recovery , every day a little step toward freedom Image !!! I am sooo happy to "see you down" on the computer - you see how much progress you had in just couple of days !!!! Is nurse coming regularly ? I hope those changes of dressing do not hurt much ! Of course you are feeling weak :pale: , you went through so much those past couple of days but you will bounce back Image very fast as pain starts to go down and you realize that you can do more and more things every day Image .
Write us again soon and take care of your "December bum" ; ))))) !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby val » 14 Jan 2008, 05:50

Haha Fis!
My december bum isn't even big any more-it wont take so much holly and mistletoe to cover it up now!! LOL!
I didnt need the nurse after all, they didn't say anything about the packing, and I certainly wasn't going to remind them!
I do feel a bit better today and noticing everything around me, which is great! How are you doing now Fis, hope your getting better and not in too much pain.
val
King Fissure

Postby mlsohm » 14 Jan 2008, 07:34

Glad to hear you are getting better. We will keep praying for you. ML
mlsohm
Salt Bather