Baths: the longer the better?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Baths: the longer the better?

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 10 Jun 2007, 18:21

I take sitz baths 3-4 times a day, around 20 minutes each. Does anyone know the rule on this -- if I take more, or take longer ones, will it help more? If the warm baths help with circulation down there, I would think taking longer baths might help more. My gut tells me, though, that if you take too many short ones, you might risk drying the bum out a little too much.
I read an account of someone taking hour-long baths (http://boardsailor.com/jack/af/patient_6.htm) and it helped.
Personally, I'm willing to quit my job, fly to the caribbean, and float naked in the ocean all day if it'll help get rid of this thing. (Just need to win the lottery first.)
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21

Re: Baths: the longer the better?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 10 Jun 2007, 19:59

I read the same account! When my fissure was at it worst, maybe inthree or four instances, I actually did refresh the hot water every 20 minutes or so and stay in there. It seemed to help, too...
Deleted User 5

Postby SunshineHope » 10 Jun 2007, 23:09

I personally don't have time to take 3 baths for 20 minutes at a time because I'm usually running around during the day but on days when I'm free or when I have free evenings, I'm able to sit for an hour... It's easier for me to sit for an hour rather than sit 3 times throughout the day for 20 mins each. I figured it should have the same degree of healing, so hopefully it'll help!
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Guest » 11 Jun 2007, 07:00

I was the ultimate bath taker. Since I can't have the surgery, the cream and the baths were my main form of promoting healing. I don't know if I noticed a difference so much between long less frequent baths and shorter yet more frequent baths. It seems to me that either would be beneficial is you are getting the same amount of exposure to warm water.
I tried Epsom salts and that seemed to make a difference in the water too.