Beating Constipation

Beating Constipation

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Beating Constipation

Postby kalyan1982 » 24 Oct 2016, 11:30

My 7-month fissure saga continues. It tore for the 4th time about a month ago and the agony continues. However this time i cannot for the life of me cannot get out of being constipated. Every BM is a torture. Stool softeners stopped working. I continue high fibre diet with lots of water. This used to work before but for some reason same routine is not working now. I am loosing hope and loosing my mind. Could there be other medical reasons for constipation. Has anyone experienced this before and if so, could you tell me how you have dealt with it

Thanks again to this forum for giving us hope and share experiences with fellow sufferers. You are all in my thoughts and prayers every day.

Regards
Kalyan
kalyan1982
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Beating Constipation

Postby Savaici » 25 Oct 2016, 04:05

Try using Miralax, a doctor and CRS recommended laxative, to get your system in order. If you are in the UK, you will have to google the alternative.

As for a medical reason for constipation, only a doctor can tell you that.

Also, tailor the amount of fibre to your weight and sex. Look it up on here or on the net. I found stool softeners did not work for me. A laxative that draws water into the colon (osmotic) does.

We have an excellent search engine on the forum - the one between FAQ and Portal below the cover photo. :sunny:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: Beating Constipation

Postby kalyan1982 » 26 Oct 2016, 04:36

Thank you for taking time out to respond.

I live in India so Miralax is not available. I have used cremaffin, loose and Duphalac so far and they all ceased to work as i may have used them for 3 months which is not recommended. I visited several GP, CRS and Gasteroenterologist and they treat me like i am high or a crack case when i tell them that i am suffering from constipation but not the usual kind as in fewer bowel movements but rather dried up stools. I have about 10-12 BM's a week which doesn't fall under the realm of constipation but the doctors i visited are not digging deep. I am worried that there could be other reasons why my colon is sucking out too much water from stools. General surgeon examined and could not find any blockages but found 2 hemmies which are second degree apart from fissure. Could these hemmies be constipating me for some reason, they dont seem to cause pain at all. I am religiously following the fiber regime, water regime etc... and have healed fissures before but this time it seems to be different and its stuck ruining my life. I lost all my paid leaves, went on loss of pay for 2 months due to pain and loosing hope. Not sure what else to do.
kalyan1982
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4