Best Tip for Impacted Stool (Hot Towel on sphincter)

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Best Tip for Impacted Stool (Hot Towel on sphincter)

Postby 4YearFissure » 09 Apr 2022, 04:18

About 8 months ago, I ate way too much broccoli and had the most impacted stool I have ever had. Nothing worked. Not enemas, not glycerine suppositories, not bisacodyl suppositories, not miralax.

Only thing that worked after half a day in the bathroom was this:

http://drbenkim.com/what-do-when-you-ha ... cted-stool
"Having your feet up on a squatty potty or stool so that you are in a squat-like position and holding a warm or hot compress (folded up hand towel works well) to your anal sphincter for a few minutes while in this position can help a great deal."

1. Hold Hot towel on anal sphincter.
2. Have feet raised up. (The edge of the tub worked well for sitting on and holding the towel to the sphincter. Then you can also periodically re-wet the towel with warm water from the spigot)

This was literally the only tip that worked at all to allow the impacted stool to exit.

I know this doesn't really have a proper forum area, but I really wanted to post this to help anyone else who cannot use the bathroom and has tried everything.
4YearFissure

Topics: 3

Re: Best Tip for Impacted Stool (Hot Towel on sphincter)

Postby Rich44 » 13 Apr 2022, 10:42

If you are talking about impacted stool in your colon, I can't tell you anymore than you have done at home other than see a professional.

But if you are talking about impacted stool literally in your rectal area then you missed the easiest and safest one of all - use your index finger and dig it out. It is a life saver. Let's consider the alternatives if you don't: More fissures, straining that can give you a hernia, possibly an embolism, you could pass out, etc. The finger is natural and simple. And the relief you will feel once you clear the way is priceless! No blood, no fissure, no nothing! Fortunately I haven't had to do this in a long time but from here on out if it happens, I won't panic or have a second thought. Remember - what are you going to do in a public toilet? You can't use a hot towel or raise your feet. I also have a squatty potty and use it at home every time I have a BM.
Fissure June 2014 - Oct 2020
Botox, skin tag removed - Feb 2015
Levator Ani Sep 2014 - Feb 2016 (left job, cured!)
LIS, skin tags removed - Oct 2020
Fissure 100% healed - Nov 2020
Still healed as of March 2024
Rich44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Re: Best Tip for Impacted Stool (Hot Towel on sphincter)

Postby 4YearFissure » 13 Apr 2022, 15:25

I had an impacted stool, and nothing worked except this. I had tried everything else. Including digital removal of stool for an hour. I'm just posting this because it's the only thing online that truly worked for me when I was desperate and in severe pain. ❤
4YearFissure

Topics: 3