Bleeding question

AF bleeding

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Bleeding question

Postby davminos » 05 Aug 2018, 06:58

Been dealing with AF since April, then started Rectiv a month ago. Three weeks, no bleeding, and no pain, then it bled a BM with very slight pain and bleeding today. Been taking Rectiv twice a day for a month and was doing so well and then this. After three weeks thought it was healed!! The pain wasn't too bad, but the blood leaked onto underwear and was lots of it after thought I cleaned up. Didn't realize you could bleed so much. Anyone have a similar experience. Applied Rectiv again last night, afraid what will happen after BM today. Have a doctor's appointment Monday, hope the bleeding subsides. Anyone have lots of bleeding?
davminos
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: Bleeding question

Postby davminos » 05 Aug 2018, 09:44

And then this morning, 3 bm's and so far all is well, will see how days goes Can't figure this out. If anyone can shed light from their experiences, would appreciate it. Anxious about bleeding again and can't figure out why after a month of Rectiv it is not healed.
davminos
Salt Bather

Postby chachacha » 05 Aug 2018, 14:54

Fissures often become chronic, and can't be healed by creams. You might need a surgical solution. BUT, the bleeding may also be from hemorrhoids, so don't jump to any conclusions just yet. Great that you're seeing a doctor tomorrow, so that he/she can address your concerns.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby davminos » 05 Aug 2018, 18:34

Thanks, we'll see what happens, today has been a good day. Terrified of fissure surgery. Hoping for best.
davminos
Salt Bather

Postby chachacha » 05 Aug 2018, 19:23

Good luck. And please let us know what the doctor tells you.
Fissure since about 2007
LIS January, 2015
chachacha

Postby Fissuretraveler » 05 Aug 2018, 19:46

I had bleeding with mine. With or without a BM. It totally freaked me out. I ended up having it cauterized and having a SAD procedure. I’m better but still have off days and struggle with skin tags. I, like you, was petrified of being cut again. I ended up with this fissure as a result of having a Hemorrhoidectomy, I should of kept the hemorrhoids.
Fissuretraveler
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby davminos » 06 Aug 2018, 12:08

Went to see the CRS today, good news is he cannot see the fissure, but did not want open too deeply and risk re-opening it. The last two visits he could clearly see the fissure and now cannot see it, which is a good sign that it is healing; told me to continue the Rectiv for three weeks twice a day and then one week once a day. The bad news is I've a thrombosed hem, and we already know that I've an internal hem; he did not want to use an anoscope risk causing a problem with the fissure which seems to be healing, but thinks the bleeding came from the hem. Told me to soak and it should come down, but once the fissure is fully resolved he suggested banding the hem. Thanks for the support, just hope things continue to resolve and this thrombosed hem doesn't cause any more problems. I go back for a follow up in four weeks. So, I think overall that is good news.
davminos
Salt Bather

Postby chachacha » 06 Aug 2018, 14:54

Sounds very promising indeed. Good luck with the next few weeks and I hope that the doctor gives you the all-clear on your next visit.
Fissure since about 2007
LIS January, 2015
chachacha

Re: Bleeding question update

Postby davminos » 10 Aug 2018, 06:20

Almost week 4 of fissure healing, just have to be cautious about daily diet. The Rectiv seems to be helping. Would have been nice not to have a thrombosed hem arise this week. Hoping that shrinks in the next couple weeks!! Anyway, just thought to add an update. Don't think the Rectiv helps the hem. Dr didn't seem concerned about the hem more focused on healng the fissure. Last time had a thrombosed hem was about six years ago, but so far this one doesn't hurt too much, hope it continues. Any suggestions for the hem out there?
davminos
Salt Bather

Postby mike1971 » 10 Aug 2018, 17:32

Thrombosed hem?

:~!@:
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14