How long is too long to be bleeding for?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

How long is too long to be bleeding for?

Postby nick5559 » 27 Oct 2015, 20:35

Hello,

I've self-diagnosed myself as having one of these, which started yesterday. sharp pain near the exterior, bright blood on toilet paper etc.

After a bowel movement about an hour ago, I had a decent amount of bright red blood on the toilet paper. I am still checking carefully and it is still bleeding, but with less blood. Is this normal, and when should I be expecting it to stop (at least temporarily)?
nick5559

Topics: 1

Re: How long is too long to be bleeding for?

Postby Shania213 » 27 Oct 2015, 20:39

Hi,

I had some bleeding this evening and it has stopped now. Maybe its a pile? I hope someone answers this soon for you.

be well
Shania213
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Postby Savaici » 28 Oct 2015, 06:57

Bright blood - pink - is not unusual for a fissure. As with any tear in the skin, there will be blood. Also, blood to the area is 'good'. Also, if it is a hemorrhoid, these can quite commonly bleed. If the blood is not pink but is darker, tar coloured, see your doctor.

Good luck, Nick.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Manitourose » 15 Nov 2015, 10:29

Hi SavaIci. Can you explain why blood to the area is good? Is it because it means blood flow is getting there? I am fighting this retear and rarely have bleeding with it, maybe 3x in last 3 weeks. Bled again last night and I figured it might be because it was starting to heal and tore a bit again from stress/strain. I try not to strain but my IBS is making me crazy though daily its better. My fiance came in and told me everything would be ok (he's been through all the appointments with me from the fistula surgery to the 1st diagnosed fissure that came 6 months after). I still panic though.
Manitourose

Topics: 14