Bleeding

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Bleeding

Postby Guest » 26 Mar 2007, 10:03

Well, I was doing pretty decently with no bleeding for the last week. I started using KY Jelly before I put the A&D ointment on and that really seemed to shield the fissure-until today!
I am wondering if any of you have gone through a period of healing and then have an episode of bleeding. Does this mean that I have undone all the healing?
Lecia

Re: Bleeding

Postby Deleted User 5 » 26 Mar 2007, 10:08

It's possible but not the only reason. Have you taken or ate anything that would thin your blood?
Did the bleeding occur on a second or third BM for the day?
Have your pain levels increased?
I suspect that until your fissure completely heals, you will have occasional bleeding episodes. I know I bled some after surgery for about three weeks. Usually only on the second or third go of the day.
Did you strain more than usual? Was the BM at your normal time of the day?
Yesterday I saw a very tiny amount of blood on my stool , but I had been the the bathroom three times. And I thought I was healed. But I still consider myself healed, for the most part.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 26 Mar 2007, 10:23

I have reviewed my diet from yesterday and there was nothing untested in it. I only go once a day in the morning usually at the same time and today was the same. No straining but the first part felt rough.
The only real change in the last few days is that I have been weaning off pain pills. I stopped using a narcotic last week and then stopped using ibuprofen a few days ago.
I did have a migraine this morning that woke me up at 5 am and I had to take a zomig nasal spray. I have been having headaches since I stopped the pain pills.
My daughter just saw your avatar as I was typing and she asked "why does that lady have a light in her mouth?" Ha!
Lecia

Postby Deleted User 5 » 26 Mar 2007, 16:35

I have been having headaches since I stopped the pain pills.
That happened to me when I stopped taking my post surgery pain-killers.
It was rebound. If your headaches start occuring at nearly the same time of day, regularly, I'd say that is rebound.
As for the bleeding, don't sweat that. I believe that until your fissure is 100% healed, occasional bleeding will occur.
Hope your head gets better; if not, I'll send the nurse with the flashlight to look inside....
Kim
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 26 Mar 2007, 17:00

Well, as long as she just wants to look inside my head!
Yeah, my headaches have occured every morning for the last few days. I did have to break down and take a pain pill this afternoon after 5 hours of pain from the fissure. I hate to undo the progress of detoxing my head and liver but I just couldn't take it anymore.
I wonder if it is taking longer for me to heal since the fissure is the same spot where I am healing from the hemorrhoid surgery. Maybe that double whammy is slowing me down.
I felt so good on Saturday-I actually worked in the yard-so I was bummed to be back in pain again and bleeding. I wonder if all that raking could have triggered something.
How long did you have the rebound headaches? I don't know which I prefer-headaches or buttaches!
Lecia

Postby happyass » 26 Mar 2007, 22:27

lecia,
positive thoughts....
i am glad you had a good day saturday...
remember that this fissure game is all about take 3 improvement steps forward and then a suprise step backwards....wait....wait....wait....okay, take another 4 steps improvement forward....oopps.....take a little slip back.....wait...wait....wait....enjoy....almost there......
good luck...and may your headaches go away.....
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Cinderella » 27 Mar 2007, 02:22

Lecia, I have also had some bleeding time to time but it has lasted only one or two days. I have also got my fissure after hemorrhoid surgery and I just spoke with my doctor and she said that the healing process can take over one year. It is not unusual to get a fissure after hemorrhoid surgery and if that happens it takes probably more time to heal than "normal" fissure.
Hope that the bleeding will stop and you will heal.
Cinderella
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby Guest » 27 Mar 2007, 06:34

Aww, thank you all for the kind words of encouragement!
I love you guys!:heart:
Lecia

Postby Guest » 27 Mar 2007, 20:27

hey there i hope the bleeding has stopped now, dont give up. it sounds like it has been behaving so that must be a good sign. i hope that it continues to get better,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Postby Cheryl » 05 Apr 2007, 20:25

happyass wrote:lecia,
positive thoughts....
i am glad you had a good day saturday...
remember that this fissure game is all about take 3 improvement steps forward and then a suprise step backwards....wait....wait....wait....okay, take another 4 steps improvement forward....oopps.....take a little slip back.....wait...wait....wait....enjoy....almost there......
good luck...and may your headaches go away.....

I totally agree with you here,
Lecia you will do really well, then fall back, then go really well,
i believe you will have a full recovery just keep your chin up,
i also think positive thoughts have alot to do with our recoveries aswell.
:D
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22