Bleeding

Fistulotomy

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Bleeding

Postby Lw87 » 12 Sep 2019, 13:50

Anyone experience random bleeding episodes after a BM? I’m 2 months post op and everything is healing great, however, I had some random bleeding after a BM the other day. The last time I had blood was weeks ago, so it’s kind of freaky/random for it to happen now. It seems to be a one-and-done issue at the moment, because subsequent BMs have presented no blood.
Lw87
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Bleeding

Postby North West Jen » 25 Nov 2019, 00:28

Hello! I’m sure it’s just healing if it’s random. I’ve read on this site that as long as your progressing it’s nothing to worry about. It looks me FOREVER to heal after my fistula surgery. Probably closer to 6 months total healing time. Good luck!
North West Jen
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Re: Bleeding

Postby mcintj1212 » 03 Jan 2020, 18:07

Yes! I definitely did have a couple times where it randomly bled and my heart dropped. But it didn't continue and all improved. So don't let those random one off moments freak you out.
mcintj1212
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1