Blood on BM and TP

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Blood on BM and TP

Postby Guest » 13 Jul 2007, 08:49

Hello,
Thanks for the responses. Happyass I only put the tip of my finger up there to apply creams before or after my BM. It also seemed easier after I passed gas in the morning so I was connecting the two. I try not to irritate myself I use alot a lube and I don't put it up there anymore that I have to and only as far as I am comfortable. Gee you think with all the modern medicine today there could be a cream to help coat it better and protect when having a BM. I am stilled scared to eat alot. I eat enough to live but I don't add any extra food or junk and I have my fiber. Which ironically I like my wafers they are like a cookie to me weird huh? So far I have lost 18 pounds. I feel ok but this fissure is causing havoc on my whole body. This has consumed my life and like Sunhinehope I will inquire about surgery Wednesday just to see what my CRS will say thats all. It won't hurt to ask I guess. Thanks for everyones help today. Say a prayer for Lecia!!
Patty

Postby Deleted User 5 » 13 Jul 2007, 08:53

I feel ok but this fissure is causing havoc on my whole body.
It's wreaking havoc on your butt and causing a lot of mental distress, but the rest of you may be healthier than ever .. given the diet. I know it made me healthier (except for the fissure and the anguish).
Deleted User 5

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 13 Jul 2007, 08:57

Patty, i had the exact same question because i was getting a lot of hard-tipped poos...and for a while, I was trying to go twice a day...it seemed to work for me for a bit, then i had a major setback with a hard-tipped poo late one night...also, it began to COMPLETELY rule my life...i would always have to go home at night and wait for the second poo.
then i started going once a day, always in the morning...i actually had 6 great days of pain/blood-free bm's...then i had a setback, but my bm is still pretty soft...i think this is due to the host of changes i made, most notably fine-tuning my diet (as well as pressing tp soaked in warm water against my bum when i think i'm done -- which has helped me empty myself)...
so i actually think once a day is better now...but go when you need to...
i had a setback again today too...just like you described...blood streak on poo and blood on tp. yes, i think this is a sign of a re-tear...but i think there are major re-tears and minor ones.
i think the reality is you only have a certain amount of control over these things...keep on doing your best to heal, but realize it's not always your fault if you have setbacks.
hope you feel better!!!!
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21

Postby Guest » 13 Jul 2007, 08:59

Kim,
I know I feel better being lighter, but the stress is what gets me down. I plan on eating healthy from now on I don't ever want to go thru this agian.
Patty

Postby Deleted User 5 » 13 Jul 2007, 09:05

hen i started going once a day, always in the morning...i actually had 6 great days of pain/blood-free bm's...then i had a setback, but my bm is still pretty soft...i think this is due to the host of changes i made, most notably fine-tuning my diet (as well as pressing tp soaked in warm water against my bum when i think i'm done -- which has helped me empty myself)...
so i actually think once a day is better now...but go when you need to...

I agree with you, Steve. Once a day is probably best, but if you need to go, always go. Never hold back.
I am hoping you feel better, too, Patty!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 13 Jul 2007, 09:17

Thanks Steve and KIm,
It also seems when I have a little blood it stings and burns longer, no spasms thanks god but burning. I have been having that for about 4 hours now. But thanks again guys.
I also have Fisol to take should I take it at night or in the morning?? It supposed to help the poo slide out easier and it also has other health benefits.
Patty

Postby Deleted User 5 » 13 Jul 2007, 09:30

I always kind of related very well with your username, Burnbutgrl, because the burning was h#ll for me, too, Patty.
Some days it was sheer torment! I remember one time in particular I has spasms and burning almost all day long, I couldn't imagine what some of you guys go through when you say the fissure pain lasts most of the day....
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 13 Jul 2007, 13:13

I'm sure I shouldn't have done this to myself, but I found that a way to stop the burning was to take my little syringe, fill it with cool water and inject that as deep as possible into my bum. I would then sit on the toilet and wait for the cool water to trickle back out. Sometimes I would repeat the process twice, especially if the cool soothing water triggered more bm. After that, I would inject the vitamin E/safflower oil and apply the creams, as usual. I would still be sore, but the intense, distracting burning would at least be abated.

I think the water injection is the equivalent to a mini-enema, which is why I proabaly shouldn't have done it to myself, but on those days I just didn't care!!
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 13 Jul 2007, 14:07

Hello,
Well after all day burning and pain it's now 4:00pm and it has stopped. This always happened when I bleed. I fianlly took 2 Advil. I have not eaten much today it's hard to eat when you are in pain. Even though I think the nefedipine is helping I am having more bad days than good days. I can't wait til Wednesday to go to the CRS. I don't know what to eat anymore or drink. I like water but what else is there? I am kind of sick of water but don't worry I will keep on jugging. I have been drinking Green Tea too. Any sugesstions on the drinks?
Patty
P.S.
Oh yah buttgirl I am glad that cold water gave you relief but I sat in the bath tub 2 more times it seemed to help. I am scared to touch my bum with anything other than my finger.ahhhhh...
P.S.S Anyone heard how Lecia is yet?? Kim??

Postby Deleted User 5 » 13 Jul 2007, 14:41

Patty,
I haven't heard anything from Lecia, yet. I am sure she will log on for us as soon as she is able. She told me she would. I am praying for her! And just a little worried..
Deleted User 5