Blood on BM and TP

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Blood on BM and TP

Postby Guest » 13 Jul 2007, 05:04

Hello,
This morning I had blood on my BM and on TP like a streak down the BM and very little on the TP. Does this mean I retore. My BM was not very big. Can this happen even if you are healing. Now I am SCARED I am back to square one. This whole week has been bad. Should I still use my creams even though I saw blood?? Also I have been goin 2x in the morning within an hour or two. The first time I go alittle bit and the second BM is soft and comes out easy. Whats up with that?
Patty

Re: Blood on BM and TP

Postby Guest » 13 Jul 2007, 06:00

I go the same way. Once as soon as I get up in the morning and sometimes a couple hours later I go again and it's very soft. I think it's normal. YOu could have re-tore. The same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Very discouraging. I'd continue to use your creams and whatever else you are using. I've learned from this board to "lube up" before I go and that seems to help it pass. I also find that I MUST drink 90 or more ounces of water a day to make things stay soft with all the fiber I eat. 64 ounces of water isn't enough to do it and then I get that hard tip of BM (see my other post on that)

Postby Deleted User 5 » 13 Jul 2007, 06:06

I can't say exactly whats up, but you may have retore a little. I actually had a very similar experience abut a month after surgery, but I was still healing and indeed did heal, so, it may not be a big setback at all.
Yes, keep using the creams, by all means. More than ever! I go two and sometimes three times a day, even though I am healed now. I am still not sure why that is!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 13 Jul 2007, 06:35

Hello,
Well I went again and it came out no problem no blood just a little stinging. So I sat int the bath tub 1/2 more hour. I creamed up the 2nd time and it slid right out. Hmmmm. That first BM has the hard tip and the rest soft the 2nd BM was very soft. I will use cream again i like vaseline it works good. Also I have another question do you notice then when you pass gas in the morning that you can get your finger up there easier with the cream it seems more opened up? Just wondering??
Patty

Postby Deleted User 5 » 13 Jul 2007, 06:52

Also I have another question do you notice then when you pass gas in the morning that you can get your finger up there easier with the cream it seems more opened up? Just wondering??
That could well be, but it may also be that the cream is just been working to loosen you up down there, as that is it's purpose. I wouldn't be inclined to believe it was the gas...but the BP cream.
If you used it the night before, then it has loosened you up overnight.
Have you tried squatting over one of those plastic hospital pans filled with water (which is easier than squatting over the toilet)???
It might be worth a try, and if you do try, do it for several days running before you give up on it, it might take some time to start showing results.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 13 Jul 2007, 07:08

Not to highjack the thread but....
Kim, are you ok? Judging by you new icon and mood, I assume you are in the hospital.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 13 Jul 2007, 07:15

No, I'm Ok, Chris. Lecia is having a little light out-patient surgery today and that's my way of telling her I'm thinking of her..
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 13 Jul 2007, 07:40

I hope Lecia Is ok tooo!!!!!! She has been thru enough.
Hey Kim or anyone else??
Don't you think that if you BM later on in the day you have a better chance of not having the BM be hard in the beginning the next morning?
Patty

Postby happyass » 13 Jul 2007, 08:13

patty,
if you are sticking your finger up the bum, becareful to not irritate the fissure or the tissues as this may also be a reason you could have spotting of blood. i know that when i have to itch, and if i get the spot that you just can't stop scratching, i pay for it later with a very irritated skin membrane that is more likely to give me a very irritating bm experience with possibly some spotting.
as much as we may be using any lube on our finger to reach up in there, i think it is a bad idea. even when showering, you are not supposed to reach up in there. sometimes i go against my judgement just to make sure that everything is okay up there and it is, but i tend to have some irritation the next day.
with regards to the gas question......i don't think there is a strong correlation between passing gas and having a more relaxed hole. although, i know that the less stress you have on the inside, the less stress your muscles will have. see, if you are holding in gas or poopy, your muscles will be tight to attempt to hold it in.
so i would think if you only had gas in there and you passed it, you would be more relaxed down there.
and i don't think having a bm in the evening would necessarily help you avoid the hard tip bm the next morning. when i started macro, i was up to going 3 times per day. and then i would still have hard tip poo in the a.m.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Deleted User 5 » 13 Jul 2007, 08:23

Don't you think that if you BM later on in the day you have a better chance of not having the BM be hard in the beginning the next morning? That was my thinking when I had my fissure, that if I could also go in the afternoon, it might prevent hard tip syndrome next morning. But I can't answer that, because when I did go tthe second time in a day, it required straining and I had blood, so I gave up on that effort.
It may be better to just go once a day if possible to allow the fissure to "rest."
Deleted User 5