Blood One day, Fine the next.......

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Blood One day, Fine the next.......

Postby Raul » 12 Feb 2009, 17:57

Hello all,
Hope everyone is doing well!
This is going to be my 6th month having this AF.
I have been doing great these last few weeks, but have been noticing a weird pattern. I sometimes bleed one day, than the next I'm ok...... Then I'm ok for like 5 or 6 days, than BAAANG, blood again!!! Haven't had any serious spasm attack, just the occasional sourness sensation in that area every now and again.
I'm confused, and wanted to ask the experts on this site, what's the deal with this AF? Should I go ahead and jump to the Botox injections?
Like always, thanks in advance for everyone's opinions, and advice.
:vd2:
Raul
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Blood One day, Fine the next.......

Postby Guest » 12 Feb 2009, 18:02

This sounds absolutely normal. I would think I was out of the woods and start bleeding again for months! I still occasionally will have some bleeding as I think that area is just going to be vulnerable for some time.

I would base your healing more on your pain than blood. When is your next check-up. Sometimes just a little reassurance that you are getting better helps since we can't see for ourselves in most cases.

Postby Guest » 13 Feb 2009, 08:17

Hi Raul
I think the biggie here is pain factor that blood is a heart stopper but you are not mentioning pain and spasms that is a plus Image
Yes what is the next step Raul ?? Are you still using the creams ?
I had one shot of botox and it gave me great relief, I believe I had almost near healing from that one shot, botox can be a little hit or miss - works for some but not others !
Mention it to your CRS see what he suggests !

Postby Corsi » 13 Feb 2009, 08:19

Bototx cannot hurt, it paralyzes your sphincter and should help the healing process.
I wouldn't worry about the blood...pain is worse. Are you in pain?
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Raul » 19 Feb 2009, 12:25

Thankfully I'm not in pain. Just some minor irritation and sometimes inflammation inside the anal area.
When I do notice blood in my stool, I notice a stripe running from the tip all the way to the end.
At first I don't have any type of discomfort, but the next day I do feel pulses, it doesn't hurt, but get kinda nervous since that's how the pain normally started in the first place. I try not to think of the pulsation and preoccupy my mind on other things, normally I forget about the pulses and feel no pain.
Tootie your post is so reassuring to me, since you did heal naturally and your experience sounds more and more like mine.
Tabby and Corsica, I am going to see the Surgeon today, this is going to be my third time going to see him. Last time he told me, that the fissure was getting more shallow. He did mention Botox to me, but I wanted to give this fissure more time to heal naturally. It's been 2 months and do show an improvement since the last time I saw him.
I guess I'll see what he has to say today. Hopefully my fissure is closing, and he can reassure me on that.
Raul
Salt Bather

Postby Corsi » 19 Feb 2009, 12:56

No LIS?
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby Raul » 26 Feb 2009, 20:41

Hello Corsi,
No LIS, not yet anyways, but I am keeping an open mind.
Wanted to update everyone, I went to the CRS that thursday.
He checked me out and told me I still had the fissure.
I told him about the pulses, and he told me that more than likely it was my sphincter muscles contracting. He gave me some Nifedipine .3% to try out, told me that it will relax my sphincter.
I've been trying the Nifedipine for about 3 days and have noticed that it does get rid of the small spasms I was having.
I have been feeling so good lately, and the weather here in Texas is getting hot, so I decided to go for a run out in the park.
Well, I began walking and than I ran for a bit, and did notice some discomfort down there.
When I got home I got some tp and hoped and prayed that there was no blood, but to my dismay, there was.
Bright red, not to much but enough to freak me out. Image
I did not have any pain afterwards, but I'm still kind of confused why running made me bleed down there........ Image
Raul
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 5 » 26 Feb 2009, 20:57

I am not really surprised the running could be problematic. There's a bit more chaffing, rubbing, and even stretching going on, repetitively. Heck, it's hard to get aerobic exercise with a fissure!
Hopefully it's just a temporary setback, Raul. You can have bleeding even after a large amount of healing has taken place, and it doesn't necessarily put you back at square one, not by a long shot.
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 26 Feb 2009, 21:52

I hope it was a fluke : ( . For how long you did not have any bleeding ? Do you have also hemorrhoid problems or just a fissure ("just a fissure"- oxymoron !!!!! Image )
I would take it easy Raul for some time now. Give your behind a chance to heal nicely. Try just fast walking and dont carry anything heavy. I never had hemorrhoids but still, I noticed that my butt does not like me carrying or pushing anything heavy Image - not even now that I do not have fissures !!!
So, stay "soft" , take baths and use Nitro and pamper your butt , at least for the time being Image . For me blood was always a very bad sine :( , but again , I bled only 3 times in 12 months of having to deal with fissures.
I wish you best of luck with your healing :paddysmiley1:
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Corsi » 27 Feb 2009, 05:42

Kim wrote:I am not really surprised the running could be problematic. There's a bit more chaffing, rubbing, and even stretching going on, repetitively. Heck, it's hard to get aerobic exercise with a fissure!

I agree, activities, lifting and straining seem to be problematic for quite a few of us fissure people... I would love to become more active, exercise and work in the garden again...
Raul, as long as there's not a lot of pain I wouldn't worry to much, but I guess every little sign that things are not OK can be discouraging...this fissure life isn't funny.
Corsi
King Fissure

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion