Bored, Lonely, and Sad

How do you cope with the isolation?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Bored, Lonely, and Sad

Postby MillieFML » 05 Aug 2016, 21:25

So, I'm a college student still living with my parents, and I first gave myself an anal fissure back in April. I didn't know it was actually a real problem so I just suffered through it until June when I had another bout of constipation and it became so much worse. I finally had to tell my parents that I'm in serious pain and can't help with things around the house. Strangely, standing hurts more than sitting, with lying down being the best position. I was diagnosed (at first it was misdiagnosed as a hemorrhoid) and prescribed a nitroglycerin cream so now I'm just waiting.

All I can do all day is lie in bed, or in a reclining chair in the living room. My boyfriend is long distance and in a different time zone, so I get to hang out with him online until he goes to bed around 5 pm (though this past week he's been really tired after work so he's been going to bed even earlier or just not coming online at all :cry: ). After that, I'm alone with nothing to do. I have summer school but not enough to occupy all my time, and I can't even sit up in the right position to play video games. My family is usually off doing their own thing even when I'm in the living room, and on some days it hurts too much to get out of bed anyway.

I've been so bored and lonely. All I do all day is watch stupid youtube videos and read reddit, which would normally sound great but not when it's because I can't do anything else. And it feels like no one really gets how painful this is. I know some of my family is getting annoyed that I haven't been able to help with chores, including my mom (ironically she went through the same thing when she was younger). I was actually feeling a little better last week but my mom was so impatient she scheduled another appointment with my doctor, who did another internal exam, and now it feels even worse than before.

And to make it worse, my senior semester in college is coming up soon. I'm an education major, and I'm going to have to do classroom practicums and student teaching and I really don't know if I'll physically be able to do it.

So for the other people who have dealt, or are dealing, with AFs, how do you cope? What do you do all day when you can't get out of bed, or can't leave the house?
MillieFML

Topics: 1

Re: Bored, Lonely, and Sad

Postby SurvivorX » 10 Aug 2016, 15:47

It does get better in time wounds will eventually heal keep the food soft.
You need to overcome this mentally you shall succeed.
The body needs a lot of time to recover from this so give it time be patient and try to be occupied with any kind of activity.
SurvivorX
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Re: Bored, Lonely, and Sad

Postby Ati » 13 Aug 2016, 01:50

Hey. If you ever want to chat or have an email buddy, let me know.
Ati

Topics: 1