Botox and Haemorrhoid banding

My experience with treatment

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Botox and Haemorrhoid banding

Postby GilmoreGirl » 04 Mar 2017, 14:25

I'm so glad you're doing well mpb, you deserve it so much, it has been such a tough journey!

Gotta say, tried the big O once (on a good day) in the past 6 months and the pain increased significantly for two days - so I'm looking forward to being back to the normal that you're at!

It's really hard for me to see another GI - they all have horrendous waiting times, and I have a feeling that my current GI has put something in my file about my being a "difficult patient". I may see if my surgeon can consult with the GI on call. I think it may be a sort of chronic withdrawal - it's like morphine reset my system and even if the "acute withdrawal" is over, my digestive system just isn't the same. I never had an informed bm before taking morphine, except once with a stomach flu and during colonoscopy prep. The GI did say clearly I have a motility issue that the amytrip. Is supposed to help, but I would say the cause is the morphine.

I know diarrhea won't be good post LIS, but it can't be as bad as it is now. Diarrhea with a sphincter opening the size a q tip makes for painful days. As we've talked about before, Bristol 3 is the goal - it's like it exerts enough pressure that the anal canal opens more easily, and it can all come out at once, rather than the smaller repeated, forced, acidic bms.

I'be taken a small dose of Imodium and the urge has quieted down. I will take the full 10mg amitryptiline tonight. An anusol pain relief suppository overnight seems to help a little.

It's just very scary going into surgery knowing that my bowels are so uncontrollable. I've developed hems from all the pushing and I think maybe even a rectocoele which is only making matters worse.

I'm just so exhausted. I'm hating my body, I've become so weak i've never been this person before. I wish I could just sleep all day and all night until this is better.
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby Mypoorbutt » 04 Mar 2017, 14:52

Yes this is the best I have been in nearly 2 years and if this is as good as it gets then I will take it
Oh yes I used to get awful spasms after marital fun but that stopped about 7 weeks after LIS, think that's one of the reasons I'm really glad I had the LIS.
Keep going with the meds Hun and I'm sure you will find something that works just right.
I know I go on about colodial silver but it really does help soothe my hems after a bad bout of IBS, so you could give that a go. I soak a cotton wool ball and place it in that area and leave it on for an hour or so.
As for you being a difficult patient, I'm sure they would be exactly like you as all you have wanted is to find out why you are in pain and to try and stop it....that's not difficult that's sensible.
Hun I was going as often as you and my fissure that was deep and long still managed to heal and your fissures aren't active yet, going that much may make it a bit longer and a bit more painful but you will heal even I have managed 90% , I would try not to let the worry about that become too much...I did and I'm certain that caused even more BMs
I too wished that someone would just knock me out for a month till the healing progressed...but I do believe we experience this and it makes us stronger...I cut my thumb quite badly and needed stitches last week in AnE the nurse was like don't you want pain killers...I was like ha this is soooo not painful, I also like to think it makes us mentally stronger. Plus look how much help you are to everyone on here...I wouldn't wish a fissure on anyone ever but I'm certainly glad you have been around through my journey x
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby GilmoreGirl » 04 Mar 2017, 15:12

Thanks so much mbp, I really needed that today. My mind just jumps to thinking that I may never be normal again. Of course I'll take any improvement, but I want to be my full self again so badly!

My parents are going to the drug store today so I will see if they can pick up some of the colloidal silver!

And it's so helpful to hear your reassurance - if you can improve then I can for sure - your journey was notttt easy in any way.

Thanks as usual for the much needed pick up
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby mamafizz » 04 Mar 2017, 15:28

Patience Hi, I am going to physio next week so I am sure she will explain these options. Thanks keep me posted on the progress.

GG, good stuff, yes your right, I am def not making this up lol I do need to exhaust all options, I will physio this week hopefully will have some promising info. Also did your surgeon say that it does not matter how long you have been experiencing pain it can fully resolve? And just because it's chronic does not mean that it will stay beyond healing, just wondering because our fissures are healed not sure why still have continued discomfort.

MPB.You have been a real trooper also through this journey, and I find each month is better, but def my muscles are in some state of shock lol, Maybe too soon after botox but it's about a month and a half healed, better but still having a full feeling, spasms and pain way better, not sure if this is the normal path, of healing, I have read others on here having the same symptoms after Botox and some without Botox, but they are so old and not updated with a success story. I assume they are fine and back to normal? If you recall any similar let me know the thread!! lol love to hear success stories>>>
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1

Postby mamafizz » 04 Mar 2017, 16:00

I feel like starting a fundraiser foundation, for fissure treatment development, seems there could be awareness for people so they better info up front and better options and relief treatments for everyone who suffers this. I never even heard of this condition before. Maybe with research they can come up with faster healing techniques so that the pain process can be managed so the other issues won't be complicated. We can be poster gals!!
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GilmoreGirl » 04 Mar 2017, 16:07

Hi MF - she said that yes it's possible to get complete healing. She thinks my prolonged pain is simply due to tight internal anal sphincter...it is hard to have a bm, so the area is irritated and raw constantly, whether or not the fissure is active. This results in the same sort of burning spasm pain as when the fissure was active, but maybe not quite as excruciating (or maybe I'm getting used to it lol).

And that's a good idea - even setting up a webpage compiling on the tried and true methods on here, maybe some success story members would contribute. Really, this is the only reliable resource out there.
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby mamafizz » 04 Mar 2017, 16:22

I know right! I feel really inclined to come up with something, reliable AND comforting, since it is such a life changing thing to go through and the info out there makes everything sound like a piece of cake.. I could really c eat a piece of chocolate cake right now. LOL I would'nt dare.

I will say this ..as far as pain ....way better I even went to the bridal store with my daughters as they tried their dresses on. Aug wedding, I will be good as new before then...& I know if you could only get your digestive track relaxed the inflammation would resolve and your muscles could relax, so for sure you will get back to normal. Even mine is way better than before (its just been taking soo long... mpb is a saint!!) so glad you all provide so much encouragement and info, our blessings are coming soon.!!
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby mamafizz » 04 Mar 2017, 16:34

MPB, question, with internal hems (mine do not really hurt and the external one or prolapsed one is basically gone now,) and Botox may have thrombosed the internal ones, I have read that they can take months to heal and this can also produce that constant feeling of needing to go or fullness and soreness around tailbone since its all of those ligaments and tissue that is inflamed? Since I really think the Botox relaxed the sphincter but the others are still sore.? Does that make sense? I am still using a bit of nitro each day, wonder if this could be making the hems worse since that is a vasodialtor, but the hems would need a vaso constrictor, seems counter productive???

Just wondered if the people who have internal hems removed is because of these symptoms or others mine do not bleed. Just that feeling like a brick in there. Maybe its just me and others dont mind waiting for this to go away, I just never had any of this before. I had 6 kids including twins And I had the first twin natural and the second was an emergency C so no stranger to the Pain...lol
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby mamafizz » 04 Mar 2017, 16:54

I just found this post...

Maybe is the fissure. When I had my fissure, in my way to healing. I stop bleeding and hurting during BMs. But instead I got this pain internally, something very close of what you describe, only after my BMs , like 10 or 20 minutes later and also this pressure inside. It was painful to walk, or run or bend over. Also I got this ache in my tailbone that was unbearable. I was convinced I had an internal hemorrhoid in addition to my fissure. But not. My CRS told me it was my fissure and that sharp pain and pressure I had after my BMs were typical behavior of a fissure, because internal hemorrhoids don't hurt. When I was able to cure my fissure all the pain went away.
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby mamafizz » 05 Mar 2017, 20:13

GG, I found additional info and I wouldnt be surprised if internal hems are also causing alot of the pain, I am pretty sure that is what my issue is now...thank you I believe your right it is def coming from something and the surgeon def said I had those and I believe you were told this as well? Check my other post for additional info.. It seems to explain the continued pain after fissure healing.. takes 6 months just for those to heal on their own if not further irritated... Feeling hopeful!!!
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist