Botox and skin tag

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Botox and skin tag

Postby Hpsauxe » 29 Jun 2018, 22:13

Hi, I had surgery on Wednesday. The dr said that I was getting Botox injected for my chronic fissure and she said I would be fine for my new job on Monday. I had the surgery and everything felt fine because of the anaesthetia. The surgeon told my wife whilst I was recovering that they removed some scar tissues too as I had a large skin tag. Now, since yesterday I have been in excruciating pain. I have been told to just have ibuprofen and paracetamol for the pain but it’s not really doing anything. I had a bowel movement today and that was pretty painful too. I just feel like there is a load of pressure down there and struggling to get relief. I have IBS so I am weary of taking too many fibre supplements and stool softeners as it can make me too loose. Then on top of this I should be starting a new job on Monday! I’m just very depressed as the doctor seemed to imply that’d I’d be fine and this was a simple procedure. Does anyone else have any experience with this or any advice to give? I need help!
Hpsauxe

Topics: 3

Re: Botox and skin tag

Postby patience_and_healing » 30 Jun 2018, 22:07

Sorry that things didn't go as expected for you! It's not surprising that you're in pain, since the area is full of nerves. Inform your doctor and ask if there's a better painkiller for this situation. And about your job, explain to them the situation and request if they can push the joining date forward by a week.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40