Botox done today.....fingers crossed!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Botox done today.....fingers crossed!

Postby -lee- » 17 Dec 2011, 14:25

Hi Sue. Right, I am indeed starting to feel much better. The antibiotics have def started to kick in. I feel so much better in myself, more energy and not so depressed! I still have discharge, but I think much less than before. This is gonna sound weird but the discharge is exactly the same colour and texture and smell as snot from my nose!!! Odd huh? It did hurt a little going to toilet this morning and the 'after-burn' lasted for about 3 hours but it wasn't unbearable. I'm just taking 2 paracetamol after my morning BM and that's it. (So I must be better!)
I'm going back to work tomorrow afternoon and I should be OK as long as I don't need the toilet while i'm there! There is no bath for me to sit in!!! Image
-lee-
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby andyk123 » 30 Dec 2011, 13:34

curious to see how your getting on now sue?
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Sue27uk » 04 Jan 2012, 07:18

Hi Andy, I am sort of ok. I must admit I have had 2-3 days of hardly any pain when having a bm, and the afterburn is not too bad if at all now. Although I have only had this in the past few days!! I think it's because I have also had a chance to relax over the hols and don't go back to work until Friday. A full 2 weeks 2 days off has certainly paid off, as I was really struggling in work! Over the past 5 days I have reduced to no painkillers whatsoever which is a good sign, not sure how I'll fare going back to work. The only problem I have been left with is a rash/itching around my O which is calmed by E45 cream and antihistamine which is suggesting an allergic reaction to the botox. I am back to the hospital on 21st Feb so we'll see what they say. Also had a bit of good news re my problem in the other area. Out of desperation I went to the GUM clinic (although I know its not like that!) and they said every swab done has been negative which begs the question why I was told to treat myself for thrush!! They have referred me to a dermatologist so hopefully that will happen soon and it gets sorted.
Anyway enough of my garble! Hows things with you? Any further on with getting your botox? Definitely worth a try I think as it is starting to improve now and they said it would take a month. Don't know if its a permanent fix yet but at least its relief!!
Hows things with you Lee? Hope you're not getting too many problems now and the botox is helping you :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby andyk123 » 04 Jan 2012, 13:23

im glad your feeling better the past few days. i noticed you hadnt been on in a while, i was hoping youd fully healed! cause i know i only ever come on when im in pain.
let me know how you get on though. maybe you are about to turn a corner. have u noticed much effect from the botox in terms of schincter tightness? isnt it meant to loosen the muscle temporarily?
things arent good for me. i had such a good december. i had 4 weeks of no pain. survived a week in egypt at an all inclusive hotel, and i actualy ate quite alot! i had small bits of movical throughout the day, and took full advantage of the all inclusive food. it was heaven.
came home, had 2 more good weeks. started to think i just might be healing. and then bam, i am experiencing one of my most painful flair ups. dont know why it happened. i stayed strict with my diet, drank plenty, drank prune juice. it just tore. it did coincide with going back to work, and having an assignment due. i dont know if thats a coincidence. have worked since saturday i have written 11 000 words, and worked 3 days, going through a terrible flair up. not having the best of times!!
i think my botox is going to be some time in feb. cant wait. just want to try some thing. i am also pursuing physio therapy as i am convinced i have some level of pelvic floor dysfunction which hlas led to this fissure, but its going to be hard to find some one.
anyway, i hope you continue to feel better, and im glad you are coming closer to getting treatment for ur other problem. its horrible having so many things to worry about. let me know how u get on.
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby andyk123 » 06 Jan 2012, 07:23

found out today my botox wont be till at least march which i have found quite hard to take. this is probly the worst tear ive had. i wanted to at least try botox before going down the surgery route, but with such a long wait im starting to think i may just be better off gettin the surgery. really dont know wot to do..
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Sue27uk » 08 Jan 2012, 04:02

Aw I'm sorry to hear you're bad again and the botox isn't until March. Unfortunately things seem to move slowly in the NHS. I only got mine after 2 and a half months as it was marked as urgent. Not being able to drive (which I still can't really yet) and struggling through work was a factor!! If you can be honest and say how much its affecting you and it may be fast tracked. Well done for getting through the hols, I wouldn't even be able to make the car journey to the airport! I now sit in a funny sideways position in the car but it means I can travel further.
I'll be honest, I'm not right at all but I am much improved. Not much pain when having a bm anymore, and only twinges in the day (unless i'm unlucky and get some afterburn!). The botox freezes the muscle, I have had no spasms for 6 weeks now which is nice, not sure how long before the botox wears off. I think the fact I retore straight after the botox didn't help but that was partly my fault for rushing and not being careful. I'm hoping to stay good, but feel the real test will be going back to work tomorrow. If you can i'd see if you can get through to the botox to give it a try, and if it doesn't work you can go for the surgery. Totally up to you though! Hopefully you will heal from this flair up if you keep the same routine. It seems sometimes there is no reason for retears, do you think yours could be related to stress? I have a feeling they will say to me another lot of botox in feb but we shall see. I really hope you feel better soon, at least the botox gives some relief. Hang in there! :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Postby Sue27uk » 13 Jan 2012, 11:04

Hope you're feeling better now Andy, unfortunately going back to work has set me back a bit again :( It's not horrendous but its not right. I think the botox is beginning to wear off because I'm getting the occasional spasm. I'm not impressed with the hospital I'm at now though, had a letter saying my appointment has been put back until the 27th March now - a follow up which should have been done 6 weeks after the botox will be done 17 weeks after now. Terrible! Image Can't get through to them on the phone either which is very frustrating to say the least.
I'm getting through until the follow up appointment then decided to go private to speed things up. By March it will have been a year, and thats just way too long. I hope things are better with you :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Postby andyk123 » 13 Jan 2012, 16:29

cant believe your follow up has been pushed back so far. i would write a letter of complaint.
do you think the botox hasnt worked then? i really dont know whether to get it! i even wrote a letter to send to my surgoen changing my mind and telling him i wanted LIS surgery..but then as the flare up started to settle i held off from sending it. my mind changes every 5 minutes!
are you going to push for the surgery now? or try another round of botox
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Davo » 13 Jan 2012, 17:29

Can i just ask a quick question everyone?
What was your pain level like just before you had botox?
I am about to get Botox (I think) but i have no pain during BM's, no blood, just a bit of pain due to the spasms for 2-3 hours after the BM however this pain is probably only rated at around a 2-3.
Botox is not going to make things worse for me is it???
Davo

Topics: 42

Postby reckless » 13 Jan 2012, 18:01

Hi AndyK,
I would probably avoid the pelvic floor physiotherapy if I was you. I had some done but all the stretches and breathing exercises aggravated me because of the pressure they put on your sphincter.
reckless
Salt Bather

Topics: 7