Botox done today.....fingers crossed!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Botox done today.....fingers crossed!

Postby workingonit » 13 Jan 2012, 21:40

just a thought for Lee,
I had an episiotomy when I had my daughter that got infected. Instead of doing oral antibiotics, the Doc had me do sitz baths 4 times a day (i forget how long each) with a very strong disinfectant called Phisohex.
-woi
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby brownch » 17 Jan 2012, 22:18

Hello, I am new on this site and WOW it has been so helpful. thank you everyone for your postings.
I have been suffering from an AF for over 6 year but it was always controllable with creams, even though it would come and go. Then about 3 months ago I went to my Gastro for constipation and he put me on Mirolax and all of a sudden for someone who barely went once a day I started having really soft BM's all day (like 5+). Well all of a sudden the fissure exploded. Now I understand that lots of BM's can cause a fissure just like a large hard stool. So I am DYING in pain like I never new. Can't have a BM without tears. Have been on Nifedipine for 8wks with no change now. Just changed CRS and have Botox with a Fissurectomy scheduled for 2/13. Doc wanted to try Botox before the surgery because I have a history of Colitis. Reading all this about the Botox is scaring the crap out of me. Has anyone had sucess with Botox? Need some reassurance... :)
brownch

Postby Sue27uk » 18 Jan 2012, 10:55

Hi Brownch. I'm going to try and give you hope! I won't lie, the process of getting the botox done wasn't good for me but I think I have been the exception. Most people seem to have done ok with getting the actual injections. I am now much improved and have had next to no pain for the last 3-4 days (I'm scared to say this!). No spasms, just twinges to remind me its still there I suppose. I'm hoping this means the botox has helped and that I may be healing! Can't say for sure until I have been for my follow up on 27th March but things seem to have improved alot over the past week! So you will probably get relief with the botox if nothing else! :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby Savaici » 18 Jan 2012, 11:48

Hello Brownch. Here is a link on here to comments from some of the 'oldies' on the Forum that you might like to read. And welcome, by the way!:
http://anal-fissure.org/t3431-anyone-ever-refused-botox-i-don-t-want-it?highlight=Botox
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Sue27uk » 25 Jan 2012, 11:03

I am SO annoyed. Had some pain today, only a bit but it seems to be building again. I have been using the rectogesic again to stop spasms. Come home from work today to find out that my appointment has been pushed back to 8th May, I ring up to complain and no one to answer. I am sick of this, my follow up to botox was meant to be 6-8 weeks after it was done, now in the space of a week it's been pushed back and now I've not got my follow up until over 6 months. DISGUSTING!!! I am appalled the NHS think this is acceptable. I want to go private but can't really until I've had this follow up and there is no complications from the botox. Really angry! Sorry about this rant but I am fuming - can you tell?!?! Just needed to let off steam! Image
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Postby Sue27uk » 25 Jan 2012, 12:08

I'm sorry about that outburst guys. Just felt so annoyed. Only thing I can do is ring up tomorrow and argue. Time to get private medical insurance I think and go down that route. Don't have any faith in the medical professionals anymore :(
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Postby grannymaria » 25 Jan 2012, 12:17

Hi sweetie - hang in there and don't worry about ranting here - we are here for each other!
I'm so thankful for this forum that has been a God sent!
Plz take care and remember that this too shall pass Image
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 25 Jan 2012, 13:55

Hi, Sue27.
I just noticed your comment and then read some of your previous posts. That's just so unacceptable, that you should be left to suffer for all that time. I'm in the U.S., with private health care - but I'm still battling this d*mned AF.
It's amazing how non-sufferers don't take this condition seriously enough to help us more. I mean, this world of AF agony is something understood only by those who suffer from it, IMO.
I'm going to see my 3rd crs tomorrow. I've already seen two. The first guy didn't even see my fissures, but he prescribed an ointment that the second crs said would burn (with long-time use) . . . and that second crs said I need to give this "time and fiber," because my AFs are very small.
Well, will someone please tell that to my AFs?? They're causing all kinds of h*ll for me - and I'm so, sooo tired of this.
Anyhow, I just wanted to offer my support to you and tell you that I hope you get help and feel better, very soon. --- Meanwhile, the world around us goes on - and we can't be part of it, not with this misery.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby workingonit » 25 Jan 2012, 14:18

Hey Sue,
so sorry the british system has gone downhill. It looks like that is the future for healthcare here in Canada. So far though it is dependant on me advocating for myself. 'Squeaky wheel' and all that...
Go ahead, get on the phone again and (when you finally get a live person on the other end) tell them what's what!
It's worth the effort!
-woi
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby PITA » 26 Jan 2012, 20:37

Hi Sue27- how are things going today? I had botox injections and fissurectomy 2 wks ago today. I'm so hoping this works and have been very discouraged. Do you know how many units of botox your crs used? Mine used 100. Sounds like a lot! I will say (but I'm afraid to jinx myself) that things are better today. The spasms seem to be less and i think the fissure is healing a bit. I had no idea that there would still be spasms after the botox, but my crs explained that they can't completely paralyze the muscle (for obvious reasons), and that the incontinence from the early days with botox is more than what one would expect with the LIS where they only cut partial muscle. I'm still so leary of the permanent fix, so trying this first- and praying like crazy!!!! This thing has literally controlled my life and I want my happy life back. :)
How long ago was your procedure? Have your spasms lessened, or is it a day by day thing? Thanks!!!
PITA
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1