BOTOX

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

BOTOX

Postby nnn1234567 » 09 Jan 2017, 07:08

Hi,

I have an AF which has been making my life a misery for 2 years. The doc advised that I need to try botox next as none of the creams are working :(

I think its quite high up inside me and therefore Im not sure the cream reaches the issue. That's my feeling.

I just wondered- those who have had the botox...what does it involve and whats the recovery like?

He said he wants to put my under general anaesthetic to do it which is really scary as ive not had it before. But he said that way he can 'clean out' above it as there may be some kind of sediment above it or soemthing. Has anyone else had this said to them??

Thanks so much

At my wit's end

:(
nnn1234567

Topics: 1

Re: BOTOX

Postby Savaici » 09 Jan 2017, 15:13

When your surgeon(? Hope this is a CRS) speaks of 'clean out,' I should think that he wants to remove any scar tissue you may have from your AF recurring. But, to be sure, I would ask.

:wel: to our forum!!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby nnn1234567 » 09 Jan 2017, 15:33

Ah I see! That's super helpful thank you. Yes he is a CRS...im seeing a different one tomorrow as I like to get a second opinion but I have a feeling he'll just say the same thing having tried all the other options I guess botox is the only other option. Just feel so worried about the dangers of it!!
nnn1234567

Topics: 1

Postby Mypoorbutt » 10 Jan 2017, 10:34

Hi N,
I had Botox in June last year and I had to be put to sleep...which I had never done before and was absolutely terrified of...but it wasn't as bad as I thought...ok I cried in the theatre but the nurses were very kind.
The Botox itself was good my fissure was very long and goes quite deep inside and the Botox did stop the spasms from day one and stopped my serious pain from week two. If the creams haven't worked after two years then maybe it worth giving it a go. It's not permanent so, if your surgeons are advising it you might have to try it.
I had absolutely no side effects from the Botox at all I would do it again tomorrow if my full on spasms came back
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20