Botox, tag removal

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Botox, tag removal

Postby worried » 09 Apr 2013, 05:34

Hi everyone
Two weeks ago I had a check up done under general anasthesia and they found one very big and wide AF with somekind of tag and some other stuff. Tag and other stuff :) were removed, somewhere something was sutured and botox was injected.First two days I had moderate discomfort/pain and took some pain killers and from day three all was fine -of course a bit strange sensation down there, but no pain, easy toilet visits etc until this Saturday when I was a bit constipated and noticed again some blood :( from that day all fine again with BM and no blood, but kind of discomfort hours after having BM?! Is it OK, am I still healing or did this one day constipation ruined it all :( two times I have also noticed small spots kind of jelly like thing on toilet paper (it was around a week after surgery). What could have it been? Or maybe everyone has it - to be honest I have never looked at .... before this nightmare.
Another thing that I have is quite excessive gas that is moving around in my stomach - I can feel it and very often hear it,. I have the air coming out through my mouth quite often ... never had this like that before. Can it be somehow related to this AF? I also have some slight pain/discomfort under my right ribs that radiate to my back and shoulder?! Can it all be connected (seems gas is not coming out the normal way and I am quite full of it) or do I have something else ... has anyone had anything like that?
thanks
worried
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Botox, tag removal

Postby owmybum » 12 Apr 2013, 12:26

Hi worried,
Sounds like you have a lot of trapped air. Have you been lying down a lot? Maybe try some gaviscon or something to help move it out one end or the other.!
As for the other symptoms... I think it's quite usual to have some discomfort in the first couple of weeks after Botox.
Are you taking any stool softeners? Drinking plenty?... You want to make sure you are doing everything you can to keep bms soft and easy to give the Botox the best chance of working.
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Re: Botox, tag removal

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 12 Apr 2013, 14:39

Hi worried,
The first time I had Botox I had terrible gas in my stomach it was so uncomfortable & loud it would wake me at night. My dr said I was taking too many stool softeners along with painkillers & I was so wound up it was upsetting my tummy could this be your problem??
I hope things get easier for you. I'm on my 2nd Botox & doing great 😊
Deleted User 2543