Botox update....again x2

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Botox update....again x2

Postby Guest » 15 Nov 2007, 18:24

Hello,
Wel it s been over a week since my shot. I do real good all day. The mornings kill me though. It hurts so much when I have a BM not like glass though thank god. My BMs are soft but formed. It is the formed part that kills me. That's why I asked in another thread about MOM As long as I eat healthy I have no problems with constipation but these formed BMs really hurt. I liked them better when they are softer and fluffy yuk I know. I take Colace at night but I am wondering if I should try something else. Isn't MOM gassy?
The Aloe Vera pill you guys are talkng about what bran do you guys use? Would that help heal with in and soften things up? This shot is a bit different this time. I am not sure it is working like the first one. One good thing very minor spasms again at least.
This is what I do and take during the day.
Prune juice and all bran buds with soy milk.
I take Flax seed caps 3x a day.
Acidophilus 2x a day.
Garlic once a day.
I stopped the Fish Oil right before surgery and I did not start it back up I wonder if that changed things?
I drink 6 to 8 bottles of water a day.
I have fruits veggies during the day.
What else??
Myabe I should drink some Prune juice at night?
I would apprecuate any input I am beginning to dread going to the bathroom in the morning. I haven' had that feeling in a long time. I gues I don't want my BMs as formed as they are. Help! When you get that taste of feeling good you want to do everything to keep it that way.
Thanks for listening,
Patty
:snoopys:
:snn:

Re: Botox update....again x2

Postby Guest » 15 Nov 2007, 18:46

Hey Patty,

I would seriously think about adding a tablespoon of MOM before you go to bed at night. In fact, go get some right now!!!! If your goal is to lose some of the form then this will really help. But sometimes loose stool can sting coming out so be careful. It is a fine line.
Are you able to soak in the tub after going?

I would also add the fish oil back into your diet too.

I take the aloe vera capsules from GNC but really any brand would do. I have even had my husband get some at Wal-mart.

One thing you might want to consider adding to your supplements is magnesium. I take (3) 400 mg pills of magnesium glycinate I get from www.vitaminshoppe.com. My sister in law who is a naturpathic doctor started me on this to help with constipation I got when I had my surgery this summer and it really seems to help.

I know Buttgirl uses mineral oil so that might be something to consider too.

I think your diet and supplements look great!

Just keep in mind that your bad days now are like your good days used to be. That is what I tell myself too. You are making progress!!!
:pepper:

Postby Fissulyna » 15 Nov 2007, 19:33

Metamucil helps my BMs stay fluffy - if I notice them going to become formed I start every meal with little glass of it and end every meal with the rest of it . Mineral oil is important as a lubricant for me , lately I take more than usual to smooth the passage - yes it drips in the toilet but who cares as long as you can't feel it even passing out ; ). I added MOM by Lecia's advice at lunch and before I go to bed - just a 1 tsp. and a glass of water after it. So, my BMs are soft but I go 4-5 times a day which is driving me CRAZY !!!!!!!! But, I don't think it will happen to you if you are leaning toward being constipated - I was never constipated in my life - had 2 BMs a day - now with all of "addatives" to make it soft of course I go 5 times > : # !!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Deleted User 5 » 15 Nov 2007, 21:04

The MOM certainly softened my BMs, and that is why *I* had to stop, because when they got too mushy they really burned!
But if you need them softer, I am sure that's the way to go! It's worth a try, anyhow... I don't recall it being gassy, but I didn't use it too often.
Hang in there, Patty. I agree that if your stools stay too formed beyond your liking, the mineral oil for a short period of time might also be useful.
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 15 Nov 2007, 21:10

if you can and have no adverse reactions or reactions to, you could add about 400 mg of magnesium citrate. start with that and see how that goes. use that for about a week. if you don't find even a slight improvement, then move it up to 600 mg but that is where i would max it.
also the other thing that would be helpful is aloe vera juice.
and last but not least, having miso soup for breakfast and/or lunch would definitely make a difference for you.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby buttgirl » 16 Nov 2007, 10:42

I would go for a tablespoon of Milk of Magnesia. When my bm have changed more towards the formed, a couple days on MOM get me back on the right path.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby juney » 16 Nov 2007, 11:02

i'm really liking milk of magnesia lately too. my normal BMs were starting to feel painful early this week and the MOM really softens things up. in fact, it makes it almost liquidy, depending on what size dose i take. i don't mind liquidy though, it definitely gives my butt a break and the pain for the rest of the day is MUCH less.
take a small dose (1-2 tablespoons) before you go to bed at night, that way you'll go first thing in the morning and if you're gassy you won't notice while you're sleeping!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 16 Nov 2007, 11:08

Buttgirl has made MOM converts out of us!!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Nov 2007, 11:12

I drank two Boosts yesterday and noticed I had ultra soft BMs this morning, I wonder if that might also be a good way to soften 'em up, and be healthy at the same time?
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 16 Nov 2007, 11:15

While we are on the subject of hard/soft poos...
I started taking selenium and Vitamin D3 supplements yesterday was noticed I was a little constipated today. Is that just coincidental?

Good for you, Kim, for adding the Boosts. I might have to try one if you say it made you bathroom time soft and smooth, Jedi Master!