Cheryl Appt.

Any changes made on the Forum, this is where you will find it. Any news, this is where we will share it with you!

Return to Forum Announcements

Re: Cheryl Appt.

Postby cherylk » 19 Aug 2008, 14:01

Lecia,
I cannot get into my home e-mail as I forgot the answer to my secret question and password!! At any rate, I will be anxious to get your reaction to the package!!!
You're right in your explanation about Mayos. I am so relieved that I got through the enema and manometry test. I will be having the scope tomorrow aft @ 1:45. The doc thinks I have a problem with the muscle in the rectal area, but he has to be certain by having the rectal area investigated first. If it is a prob with the muscle, I might qualify to go to classes to retrain the muscle. I have not changed in my opinon of Mayos in that it is a first-class place in every regard. The people that gave me the enema and also the ones that performed the manometry test were absolutely first-class. I plan to fill out a questionnaire and mail it back about my doctor. Not that he needs any help because he just got promoted to be the chair of medicine. I just lucked out in getting such a great doctor.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 19 Aug 2008, 14:28

Wow-it sounds like you are making progress. I am curious about the enema. I have always had to just do my own. Is it a special kind or something?

Did the manometry test take long? Can't wait to hear what you have learned.

Reaction-very positive! Amazing. You luck out on getting the best doctors for sure!

Postby cherylk » 19 Aug 2008, 19:19

Lecia,
The enema really wasn't bad. My mom always gave those to me as a kid, and the last time I gave myself one prior to my first sigmoidoscopy was not a big deal as I recall (many years ago). Right now I feel pretty good and am VERY happy the manometry test is done. It took about 20 minutes, and I continue to look at my watch. The people doing the manometry test were superb as I indicated as well as the person who gave me the enema. I told the enema person that I was healing from an AF and had already had a BM this morning. So, she gave me a smaller water enema that did the trick. I really had forgotten what an enema was like!!
I am sure that you found the items interesting!! My son called me with my password, so I might try to log onto my other e-mail since the "secret code" idea did not work. I should check the calendar to see who is involved with what the rest of this week.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Postby Guest » 19 Aug 2008, 20:14

So what is on the agenda tomorrow for you?
I wrote you a note but am sending it snail mail tomorrow!

Postby Jen » 19 Aug 2008, 21:37

Cheryl -
I am so very excited that everything is going great! Do you have any results yet!?
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Jo » 19 Aug 2008, 21:50

Thanks Cheryl,
Sounds like everything is going well for you there. So glad to hear that. You are still in my prayers. Good luck tomorrow.
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Fissulyna » 20 Aug 2008, 01:26

God luck Cheryl !!! I am so happy to hear that all is going so smoothly and painlessly so far ! I hope that tomorrow you will have definite answers and great plan for healing !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby val » 20 Aug 2008, 02:38

:D your doctors sound wonderful !! Good luck with the rest of your tests - and the results. :sprinkleheart:
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby cherylk » 20 Aug 2008, 09:49

guys and gals,
I really slept well last night--so relieved that I was able to complete the manometry test and enema yesterday. I think I was slightly irritated from everything yesterday, but not too bad. I am apprehensive about the scope today, but I realize it is something I have to do. The good thing is I know what to expect. I am going to ask them if they will use lanicaine to numb the area as well as using a child's scope. I figure all they can do is refuse. So many people are going through so many things. I will keep Fiss and Lecia in my thoughts and prayers as well.
Jen,
Have you chickened out?
Val,
I think it just sucks that you are having all of the misery you are experiencing. I'll keep praying for you.
I will appreciate anyone sending up prayers for me @ 1:45 today--that is the time of the scope if I get in on time!!
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Postby Guest » 20 Aug 2008, 10:14

Sure will, Cheryl! Thanks for keeping us updated. I think the lidocaine is a great idea. Will they give you versed?