Chronic AF Heading for analplasty

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Chronic AF Heading for analplasty

Postby BadAss » 09 Jan 2014, 19:46

Hello, I am in Canada and have had an anal fissure since July 2013. Unfortunately I was not treated properly and when I finally go in to see the colon and rectal surgeon, it was so far gone that I was squirming in pain. Since October 31 I have had 2 botox injections, which failed so now I am heading on the road of advanced flap analplasty. I just saw my surgeon today and am waiting for an appointment. I am going for an ultrasound tomorrow to see if there is anything else going on, and if there isn't, surgery is getting booked. I am so tired of living in pain…stabbing, debilitating pain… I am looking for advise, support or just some kind words to help me through this. I broke my leg in August and have been dealing with that injury at the same time, and quite frankly I am so DONE with all of this!

Thanks for listening.
Badass
BadAss

Topics: 1

Re: Chronic AF Heading for analplasty

Postby owmybum » 10 Jan 2014, 04:30

Wow, badass...... You really are in a bad way!!
There is a board member Suzy who had a double advancement flap last year... She recovered remarkably well.... Hopefully she will see this post and chip in.
Do you have a date for your surgery??

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby BadAss » 10 Jan 2014, 11:37

Hi OMB, I don't have a date yet. I am hoping Suzy and others respond in support :)

Thanks…enjoy your day.
BadAss

Postby BadAss » 10 Jan 2014, 11:38

Can anyone tell me how long recovery is from analplasty? Will I need to take time off work?
BadAss

Postby pinpin » 10 Jan 2014, 13:48

Why exactly anoplasty? It is usually reserved, do you have spasms after bm?
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby Savaici » 10 Jan 2014, 21:04

Sorry you are in so much pain, Badass, but believe me we know how it feels and you've come to the right place.

Anoplasty is quite often done for anal stenosis. Does your CRS say this is the problem? Otherwise, most people have LIS (Lateral Internal Spincterotomy) with most recovering well after surgery.

Here is a link to some of Suzy's posts. She has recovered well from her surgery though it took time.

member/suzyljank/topics/?sf=firstpost

We are here for you.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby BadAss » 10 Jan 2014, 21:14

My fissure is internal and Botox and other treatments haven't worked. It has been 6 months and I do have spasms and stabbing pain after a bm that lasts for hours. I have stool softeners every day plus a fibre drink twice a day to ensure soft stools. There is blood in my stool and when I wipe. It is debilitating sometimes and has really affected my quality of life. I take an alternate of tylenol and advil every 2 hours to manage the pain, sometimes it helps other times it is still overwhelming pain. My surgeon does not recommend surgery that involves cutting the muscle because it could cause incontinence. I have experienced some incontinence after having two rounds of botox and my surgeon doesn't want me to experience this any further.
BadAss

Postby Savaici » 10 Jan 2014, 21:31

The pain is terrible, I know. Spasms are the worst. Have you tried using a Sitz bath, as I do? They fit over the loo.

Hopefully Suzy will come along, or you might write on one of her posts and she will see it then.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Ever the Optimist » 11 Jan 2014, 04:55

Hi Bad,
Please read the below link to a great summary of Suzy's recovery. It is truly inspiring!
how-do-you-break-the-vicious-cycle-of-anal-spasm-t7637.html
Wishing you all the very best and hoping you are able to reach a solution that helps your recovery very soon :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Northernboy » 15 Jan 2014, 03:16

Hey Badass, I know exactly what your going through, keep your head up and listen to your doctor, they do know best. I was in terrible pain for almost two months before a had the LIS and Fissurerectomy surgeries. I loss almost 50 pounds at the worst point, as I was afraid to eat almost anything. I was dying on a daily basis and was almost about to give up when I had the surgery.
I felt better right away. The pain was still there but tolerable compared to before the surgery. Three months later, I have my life back and have only had a few setbacks. I know I will have to keep care of myself with a proper diet that works for me(you only get this by trail and fire) and I'm not out of the woods by any means, but I do feel much better and I know there is hope even if this happens to me again.
While your surgery is different then mine, the results are hopefully the same. At my lowest point I would have done anything to get rid of those nasty fissures. Good luck with your decisions and I hope you have a speedy recovery. If you need to know anything more, I am only a message away.
Northernboy
Fibre Addict