coconut oil is working wonders for me

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: coconut oil is working wonders for me

Postby Sufferingbadly » 17 Apr 2015, 00:37

Ok I'm home from "vacation"... I am going to try doing the suppository with coconut oil tomorrow!! Wish me luck! So far the coconut oil has been soothing my bean sized sentinel pile, so I really hope it heals the fissure!! Did you have a sentinel pile too? If so, how big was it ? Mine hurts badly to touch. And when walking, I get these super intense shocking stabs of pain into my buttcheek (closest to my anal hole. Any idea if the fissure causes THAT much pain when walking ? Thanks. :)
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby littlemax » 17 Apr 2015, 23:24

Hi.wish you speedy recovery...yes i also have sentinental tag..size about wheat grain..but was hurting when touched..but as fissure got healed..tag is still there but i feel it is shrinking and now it is not paining sometimes feels itchy but it is far better than before. You will also feel same when your fissure heals...keep us poosted about your recovery
littlemax
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Sufferingbadly » 18 Apr 2015, 18:50

Ok... I don't want to get too excited yet but I can't help it!! So here we go...
My bowel movements are for the most part pretty regular again, (8am when I wake up and around 2-3pm after lunch) and I'd say probably alittle too soft in texture so I might be eating alittle too well (better than a hard stool though).. I don't take fiber supplements, I try to stay as "natural" as possible. So anyway, usually after a BM (which I have to do in the water so that I'm brave enough to actually go) I get this super sharp stinging pain that goes from the right side of my buttcheek and causes my whole leg to be sore and I just don't want to move. Well I got that pain, so I went and got my coconut oil suppository out of the fridge that I made out of the pinky finger portion of a medical glove. I melted the oil and poured it in the finger glove and set It in the fridge to harden (It gets hard pretty quickly). I laid down on my side and slipped it in as much as I could. It was only a tad bit painful, but nothing compared to the pain I always have from this fissure! So anyway as I tried shoving it into my anus slowly, it melted along the way, lubricating and becoming smaller which made it easier to insert it all the way in. I had to relax myself immensely to actually get it in. I'm not even joking you, I had INSTANT RELIEF!!! I got up off the floor and walked down the stairs in pretty much no pain at all!!!! (I haven't been able to walk or stand comfortably in over 2 weeks) .. I almost wanted to cry because of how pain free I felt. Well the pain itself wasn't and isn't totally gone but it definitely helped allieve the discomfort and extreme pain I was having. I've gone from pain level 6-10 to 1-5. (Except when I feel like I have to fart, omg that really burns for some reason :scratch: )It's only my first day doing this with a successful suppository molding that I made. I am going to do this 3 times a day! I am very hopeful of great results. I haven't felt this happy in a month. I will continue to keep up my nutritious diet and water intake and see what happens.
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby littlemax » 19 Apr 2015, 05:23

Well..keep it up..and yes nutritious diet is important and don't stay wake at night sleep early and have at least 8 to 9 hours of good sleep. .and try one exercise after your BM try to contract your anus and then release try this 10 to 15 times after every BM . It will increase blood flow towards your an area and help speedy recovery.
littlemax
Fibre Addict

Postby svet » 24 Apr 2015, 21:44

I never thought about coconut oil and making suppositories. I am at a point of trying anything other than surgery because I am afraid that if the surgery fails, then what? I just started with the nitro ointment which gives me instant headaches, so I am hoping that it starts to work soon.
Keep us posted!
svet
Fibre Addict

Postby Sufferingbadly » 25 Apr 2015, 01:25

Hi svet!

I know everyone's body is different and so what works for some, may not work for others. With that being said..I have never used coconut oil in my life, so I did TONS of research on it and decided that it's something I think could work for me. Here is just one website you can look at, but lots of other websites will say the same thing if not more. http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/13-evi ... oconut-oil

I've been using the suppositories now for 6days and I am able to have a BM with no pain. I am also able to go to the bathroom normally without taking any sitz baths. I am still watching my diet to maintain softer stools and drinking plenty of water. I think the combo of the two really helped. Even though I feel better I am still using the suppositories. The coconut oil has also cleared the newborn baby rash my daughter had all over her face! It was great cos her poor face was so red and dry. I wish everyone dealing with fissures would just give the coconut oil suppositories a try to see if it works for them! I am still in amazement of how much better/healed I feel since using them! :D
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby svet » 25 Apr 2015, 10:48

Thank you so much, I will definitely be trying this...
svet
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 25 Apr 2015, 10:55

Svet, just a quick hint with the nitro. Use just the tiniest amount so you don't have so much chance of headaches. Hope the headaches are better now as nitro does help. Also, if your reaction is just too bad, ask your doctor to consider Diltiazem or Nifedipine instead.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Savaici » 25 Apr 2015, 10:56

Hope you are doing well, SufferingBadly!! :smilyhug:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby svet » 25 Apr 2015, 10:58

I tried Diltiezam for 2 weeks and no success..:(