colace

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: colace

Postby Fissulyna » 19 May 2008, 19:25

ha ha ha Steve, you are so funny LOL !!! Now that I look at it - it certainly can pass as a "long poop" ha ha ha, although it is a snake Professor Snape, "slitherin" you - who would guess LOL ?? !!! Since I am the Rabbit - I better keep some distance ! Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Fissulyna » 22 May 2008, 13:14

Just the update about Colace.
I decided to try it and it works (evil eye charm emoticon here ; ). The only pitfall is that I can not use mineral oil to lubricate "the passage". I can not stick in my finger since it hurts so much and I was wondering if anybody knows of any good lubricating suppositories ???
Thanks so much in advance !
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby motherluch » 22 May 2008, 13:51

My Dr. always recommended Calmol suppositories for lubrication and for a soothing effect, ask your pharmacist for them.
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby Fissulyna » 22 May 2008, 14:32

Thanks Motherluch : ) ! I have those - they are little bit on a hard side for me - need a long time to melt. I need something that melts in seconds LOL because I need them just before I go. But thanks again for the info. Hope you are doing great today Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby buttgirl » 22 May 2008, 15:30

Have you tried just squeezing a tablet of vit E or evening primrose oil in the area?
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 22 May 2008, 17:00

Chris - I was just thinking of that, but I would need to make it go inside the damn hole Image and I thought of using eye dropper - well if that can't go in that to H with all of it - maybe I need "stretching" of outside sphincter too Image ! Do you have any handy-dandy idea how to make it go little bit in but without using a finger :pale: .
Thank you buddy Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 22 May 2008, 17:23

What about child sized glycerin suppositories. I have used those before for coating and they are smaller and easier to get in. You could put KY jelly on the outside and see if it will slip on in.

Postby Fissulyna » 22 May 2008, 18:15

Oky-doky - I will try them : ) !!! I have some in my "butt basket" I am sure of it LOL !!!
I adore your avatr an Elmo is just cute beyond the words - he and Grower (sp?) are my fav characters !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 22 May 2008, 19:24

Do you know who my favorite Sesame street character is?

Oscar the Grouch!!! I think I can relate to him the most and the Cookie Monster!

Postby Fissulyna » 22 May 2008, 19:56

Ahahaha - those are my older daughter favorites Image -same reasons I guess Image !!! Love of her life is the "food" , ha ha, and she is so thin - just not fair Image . She was born "Grouch" and still is but is also so much fun when in good mood - I have to stop her sometimes just to be able to take another breath and not die of laughter !
Fissulyna
VIP