creams and such after LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

creams and such after LIS

Postby Fissulyna » 04 Jan 2008, 23:58

Hi all !
I am just wondering did anybody use any kind of creams or suppositories after surgery to help with whatever discomfort you had ? I still have burning and some prickly pains in my anus that is driving me crazy. While my chamomile is doing wonders for outside skin - I have no idea what I could use "inside" : (. I also think that my sphincter is "regaining" its strength Image I thought that it will be even looser when my swelling goes down but no :pale: .
Thank you so much in advance Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Re: creams and such after LIS

Postby Guest » 05 Jan 2008, 13:19

I had a Naturpathic doctor once prescribe Calendula suppositories. I wonder if that would help you? You could probably get them at the health food store you got your other stuff at!

Postby Fissulyna » 05 Jan 2008, 14:07

Thanks Lecia : ) ! I was just wondering if it is safe to use anything immediately after surgery ? I have whole collection of creams and suppositories by now ; ), just am afraid to use them since it is only 2 weeks since I had LIS. I am hoping that people who had LIS would find my post - but no luck so far : (...
XOXOOoooooooo
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Deleted User 5 » 06 Jan 2008, 17:01

Oops, I'm sorry Fissy! I miss this! This has been a busy week, though, I haven't been near my computer much!
I did ask my CRS if I should continue using the nefedipine after the surgery, and he said no. I didn't pursue his reasoning. I guess I should have, but I assumed that since my sphincter would be "relaxed" by the incision, the raison d'etre of using the nefedipine was gone.
I rarely used suppositories, so I couldn't speak for their continued use.
Maybe I can get back into my normal routine now...that would be something to cheer about!
Photobucket
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 06 Jan 2008, 18:33

Hey, thank you buddy : ), sorry for chasing you around ; ))) ! My sphincter is not loose enough it seams (grrrrrrr..), since I still feel some pain when I just start my BM. I don't have spasms any more (thanks God for that -at least ), or they are so mild that I do not feel them.
How long did you have any pain with BM and for how long did you have any blood on TP after LIS ?
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Deleted User 5 » 06 Jan 2008, 19:14

I didn't have much pain during the BM after I straightened out my "constipation" issues a few days after syrgery, but then BM pain was never too much of an issue with me, just the spasms.
Now, the blood on the TP continued for 4-6 months, it got better steadily just as you would expect with a healing fissure. The second half of last year rarely saw any blood, not the slightest hint.
I highly suspect that the fissure will be healed quite nicely by the time of your trip to Europe -- if rear-end problems keep you from going, I'd bewilling to say it would be because of your fissure!
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 06 Jan 2008, 21:40

Thanks for believing in my healing - I need to hear that XOXO
I decided to put some Nef. cream today and I noticed difference in the sphincter pressure ! What a hack ???? I decided to keep using it this week to see what happens. It is just hard to accept the fact that I had LIS and went through all of that hustle just to have my sphincter "regenerate" !!!!!! Well, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened - my muscle are crazy in many ways anyway.
It is also encouraging that you had some blood for 6 months - which means that fissure needed that time frame to heal - maybe I just need more time too.
I don't have constipation, my BM is fluffy but bulky because they make me use only Metamucil. Maybe I should stop listening to them and use some other stool softener , at least until my fiss. heals ?!? Which one is your favorite ?
Thanks Kim, you always succeed bringing my spirits up and I am sure that is fact for other members too !
I so want to go to Europe this summer - I didn't see my mother for 2 years : ((
BIG HUG !!!!!!!!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Deleted User 5 » 07 Jan 2008, 07:09

Fissulyna, the blood is something that is simply not going to stop immediately. Just be prepared for more of the same in that regard. As long as the spasms don't return, you are going to heal and in fact you should be about halfway there already.
I used both citrucel and colace. But one month after my surgery, I had stopped using both, but I'm bot saying that was the right thing to do.
You need to see your mom, that's for sure! And you will, it is so soon after your surgery but you have improved already. Give it more time, a few more weeks, and don't let the blood fool you, because it only means you still have the fissure, it doen't mean it isn't healing. I can assure you of that!
Deleted User 5

Postby juney » 07 Jan 2008, 12:45

fissulyna - my dr said that i could use my nitro cream when i was still having pain after surgery so i'm sure using the nefed. cream is okay.
unfortunately i had thrown it away by then, thinking LIS would be a quick fix.
i think you need to be on a stool softener after surgery, especially if you're taking any kind of pain meds. i'm surprised your dr's told you to only use fiber supplements...
are you having pain after BM?
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Fissulyna » 08 Jan 2008, 02:12

Dear Kim and Juney !!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WRITING XOXOOOOO!!!!
You went through LIS and your input is worth of gold to me. Sorry for bugging you and chasing you :oops: , but I feel so much better after I hear that I am not alone in having some bleeding or discomfort after LIS - it gives me much needed hope. Doctors are also not of much help with advices for post op care as you can see. So, what worked for you guys is of great help to me Image .
Juney, I have some pain during BM, and than mostly feeling of burning and general discomfort in my anus after BM. It is also very uncomfortable to sit normally on my butt, god forbid on the chair that is not upholstered Image . When I am standing up it is much better, but I can't stand up all day long :roll: . Sometimes I have pain where is my fissure like somebody is poking me with a needle. I could be laying in my bed and doing nothing and that would happen for no obvious reason. My fissure now is also more sensitive to Ph of the poop as well as for spices which was not the case before. And, yes, they forbid me using anything else but Metamucil !!!!! They said I can use MOM ONLY if I did not go to the bathroom for 2 days.
Fortunetly I never get constipated - I go 2-3 times a day , but still, Metamucil makes it fluffy but maybe too big for the fissure just out of LIS Image I am not taking any pain meds, maybe I should Image
KIM, thanks for comforting words :footmsa: , they are just what I need to hear now Image
Thank you both so much again - don't know what I would do without you Image
Fissulyna
VIP