CRS Called ~ I am feeling Hopeful !

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

CRS Called ~ I am feeling Hopeful !

Postby Deleted User 2854 » 23 Jul 2013, 11:49

My CRS called today to see how I was doing, wanted to know if I had any questions or concerns. It has only been 1 week since I saw him.
I told him I have increased my fiber with supplements as well as food (good), I told him I was drinking 80-100 oz. water a day (good), I was using my rx cream 2x a day (good), I also started using coconut oil on my hiney area as well (good), I was taking Probiotic's daily & started taking Colace yesterday (good) plus I was taking 1-2x hot baths a day (good). He said what I was doing was great, to keep it up and he sounded hopeful that I will be able to heal my AF in due time. I have a sentinel pile and he said that is the least of my worries that I need to get the AF healed up. He told me I needed to be patient with the healing process, that it wouldn't happen overnight.
I am feeling very hopeful about healing this little bugger up ! If anyone has anymore suggestions please let me know. I keep on reading everyone's stories and try to see what works & what doesn't. I understand it is all trial & error and each person experience is different. I also picked up some unscented wipes & some Miralax while I out today. My AF arsenal of goodies is growing !
SweetPea Image 
Deleted User 2854

Re: CRS Called ~ I am feeling Hopeful !

Postby snowdog » 23 Jul 2013, 13:05

Excellent news! I don't think I have any more suggestions since it seems that you are doing everything under the sun to heal it up. Patience is the key. Tomorrow I am starting week 10 of diltiazem/lidocaine and although I have relatively small and not deep fissure, it can feel better fairly fast but then takes a while to really heal up. I know this from a previous fissure I had.
I guess I do have a suggestion, in that case...even when it feels better - or even healed, keep with the water, probiotics, colace, and even hot baths (although you might just do one in the evening). One of the most depressing things is a re-tear and believe me, they can happen. Keep hopeful! Sounds like you'll be just fine!
snowdog
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Guest » 23 Jul 2013, 13:18

Hi SweetPea
A few more tips.
Diet and exercise are so important for keeping us regular and soft.
Stools softeners are great, but hopefully your not letting this give you an ideal that you can eat what you want and get away with it just by taking softeners.
Instead of just increasing fiber and taking softeners, try if your not already, cutting out some foods that you think may be clogging you up. All the miralax in the world will not benefit you more than having a well balanced diet.
Besides what will happen later on after your all healed up and you find your self on the toilet again constipated. Back to square one right. Just as its tricky to keep our stools soft with diet alone so to is it with those softeners. You can be on a roll for days with perfect bm's than Bamm!! Bristol 1-(you'll find out what this is later).
So please, we all love to eat here, but everyone will tell you, especially with these monsters, we got to hold back on some of our favorite foods until things becomes sunnier where "the sun don't shine".
P.S. Perhaps the "what works and what doesn't" syndrome has a lot to do with what we put or do not put in our mouths scenario. I at one point thought my diet was ok, until I cut back on a couple of foods.....that was almost three years ago and I haven't had a fissure since
HTH GL

Postby Deleted User 2854 » 23 Jul 2013, 13:28

Image Itotally agree about the diet & exercise! I have changed my diet completely, I no longer drink any soda pop & caffiene, I have cut out all refined sugars, artificial sugars & most processed foods.
After looking back on my food diary for the past couple of months, I realized I was eating ALOT of nuts, almonds & walnuts...which I think was what started this whole horrible experience but who really knows ?!
Thanks again for all your suggestions !
SweetPea
Deleted User 2854