Devastated over my office visit!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Devastated over my office visit!!

Postby GGky1959 » 21 Feb 2013, 15:44

I'm so disappointed, soooo disappointed. I don't know if I'm just destined to be without a good doctor or what. Please what ever anyone does here, please don't think I'm a racist. Well, I saw my new doctor today and there's a reason he had openings....just as with my previous doctor, he's from India. I left my previous doctor because I could barely understand him and he wasn't a talker. All he saw in me was someone who smoked, who was overweight and old and he treated me as such. No matter how much I tried to engage the guy, it never escalated beyond a nod and a smile, so I switched doctors.....today, maybe its my fault, but I got straight to the point with the new nurse and her first words to me "we don't prescribe narcotics here" and I"m like WTF??? It went down hill from there. Dr. P comes in and low and behold, he's a younger version of the last doctor I had....but I'm thinking this guy will at least listen to me. Right away, I get derailed....because he too has pre-judged me...so we get to talking about all the medication I'm taking and before I know it, we're talking heart and high blood issues. I'm still trying to bring us back to why I'm hear, but with the language barrier, his evasiveness and me becoming frustrated....its a bust. I did however manage to a px for 500mg of Naproxen...no refills, no discussion of my fissure...no looking to see the pink skin flap....nothing, but an empending 500 dollar doctor's bill that I'll have to pay.
One good thing I discoverd.....I lost 8 pounds, which is good. Friday morning, its back to the phone book to find a doctor. And I still have my next Thursday CRS doctor to see...wish me luck. So far no BM, that's why I'm in a good mood today, dispite the disappointment. Until then, I'm just on my own with this devastating desease. But I'll live.
I wrote him a letter and plan to drop it off at his office tommorrow...I had to let him know how he and his nurse made me feel and I feel good about doing it.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Re: Devastated over my office visit!!

Postby CrackinUp » 21 Feb 2013, 16:26

I wouldn't pay the bill if I were you. No nitro now then?
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby marg6043 » 21 Feb 2013, 16:49

CrackinUp I am with you, GGky1959 write all the letters of complain you can fill your mailbox with and send them, no only to the office of the doctors you went to see but the offices of those that are in charge of the health care system in your area.
The hell with them, we are inundated with foreign doctors also, but every time I go to see one because I have insurance If I don't like the treatment I can say "Thank you" and move to another doctor, until I get what I want.
And BTW I am also a foreigner but darn when it comes to my well being and money I will fight anybody. :D
I am so sorry that you are having such a bad time, you went there for yspecificfict problems no to get a diagnostic on something else.
Don't let this people treat you like that. Image
At least you get to see your CRS and that is where everything will go the way you want because he is going to go right down to the problems.
Fight the charges, you are a disappointed costumer and have the right to hold your funds for a bad treatment, that you are not satisfied with. Image
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby delasama » 21 Feb 2013, 16:54

I'm glad you let them know that they are not good doctors!
Doctors just say drink more water and take Metamucil...I had a doc from India before and he would google my symptoms lol my American doctor wasn't much better he just talked more.i had to call a crs then crs made my doc refer me to crs.im sure crs will help u
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby Savaici » 21 Feb 2013, 17:30

GGKY1959,
For what you have, you absolutely need to see a CRS. GPs are useless at diagnosing this, whatever their nationality. Also, when you see the surgeon, write down what you want to say, including questions. Then, remember who is paying their bill and get your say in. As far as I have found, the doctor much prefers if you come prepared. I will not be intimidated by doctors, and don't let yourself be either.
By the way, it's always good to research the doctor, look for reviews, etc. USNews has a list of the best CRS in the US.
Good luck!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby coconut » 21 Feb 2013, 19:00

What does a person's race have to do with being a bad doctor?
Refusal to prescribe narcotics to a new patient who has a gastro problem IS responsible practice. Narcotics are the worst thing for us because they slow the digestive tract and create constipation. None of my doctors would prescribe me anything for the pain, and I've been to one of the best CRS Doctors in the country.
I'm sorry. I really am. And I get that this makes me sound like a jerk. But from what I've read on these boards, you are likely taking way too many pain-relief meds already. And using too many remedies. Its shocked me to read what you are taking a couple of times, but I've tried not to respond because I didn't want to be rude. The body can only take so much, and its a sign of a good GP when they take into account everything that is going on with your body.
Also, Savinci's advice is square on. Get a good CRS. They are the only one's that know about this stuff. And forget the nationality. Forget how nice the Doctor is. Forget their willingness to listen to all of your challenges. Forget wether they give you the drugs that you want them to give you. Forget wether the nurses are rude. All that matters is that they get you the correct treatment. Butt doctors are just that. All they do is butts.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby delasama » 21 Feb 2013, 19:30

Coconut-"What does a person's race have to do with being a bad doctor? "
Absolutely nothing.
Ggky1959 and I just happened to have a bad experience with them(mostly a language thing).
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby marg6043 » 21 Feb 2013, 19:35

GGky1959 I read you got naproxen, actually naproxen is what I took for a while because they were left over from an episode of bursitis I got from exercising, so I took it with my fissure when it was really bad and ibuprofen also, it worked for me.
I hope it will work for you, until you get to see your CRS.
Interestingly that my doctors are pill happy ones and will give you anything, but I can not stand the stronger pain killers due to side effects.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby suzyljank » 21 Feb 2013, 21:37

Hi, sorry your visit was a bad experience. Sometimes you have to insist on being heard. I've had a few doctors I couldn't understand and I never went back. I figured if I couldn't understand them there was a good chance they couldn't understand me and i didn't need someone giving me medication if i wasn't sure of them. I prefer to have a woman doctor if I can, I feel they listen better but that's just me. I don't know what kind of meds you are taking but be careful they don't constipate you, this will only make matters worse.
I just have to say that this forum is a lifesaver. It's here for people to share their experiences and to help each other. No one should pass judgement on what we as individuals decide to do, that's a personal decision. I hope your CRS is more helpful and sets you on the road to recovery. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Rachael 1984 » 22 Feb 2013, 02:02

Oh no GG, hang on in there. When you see the CRS, go for it. Some Docs don't listen. I have had this experience, hence why I still have the Fissures. Don't pay the bill, and complain!! Why is it $500?
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!