diagnosed then un-diagnosed...arrrgh!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: diagnosed then un-diagnosed...arrrgh!

Postby Guest » 10 Oct 2007, 22:53

Luckily, I live near Phila. and have quite a good choice of CRS's and was able to get in quickly. However, when I first started looking there was a group of CRS docs at a reputable hospital that i initially called and wanted to see. The earliest they could get me in was in 4 wks, but they said if i really needed to get in sooner because of the pain, to have my primary care doc call them and they would try to work something out. Can your primary care doc help you out at all?

Re: diagnosed then un-diagnosed...arrrgh!

Postby queenofpain » 11 Oct 2007, 07:00

Hi Paingonesouth,
Thanks for the suggestion. Yeah, I'm thinking of calling my primary care physician. I was avoiding it because he referred me to the CRS who was not helpful. But, we're the ones who are hiring them for their services, so to speak, so they should try to help us with referrals and whatnot. The Associate Director of the American Society for Colon and Rectal Surgeons is having her secretary email me a list of CRSs in Chicago. Their office is located in Arlington Heights, a suburb just northwest of the city, so they are very familiar with who is practicing here. Also, last night my father gave me a book with a listing of all the doctors by specialty in my network in Illinois. So, it looks like I'm making some strides. The group of MDs I referred to previously who work a lot with natural means really intrigue me now. If there is hope without surgery, I'm game. It's the pain management that's tricky, though. Thanks for the advice!
Queenofpain/AgonyAnn
God be merciful unto us, and bless us; and cause His face to shine upon us. Psalm 67:1
queenofpain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12