Digestive Advantage Chronic Constipation Formula...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Digestive Advantage Chronic Constipation Formula...

Postby motherluch » 27 Nov 2007, 09:38

I know some of you have tried this...I just bought it, and am wondering exactly what it is doing for you?? I am always reluctant to try something new as I do not want to mess up my regime, but...if this is something that will truly be a benefit, then why not!!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Re: Digestive Advantage Chronic Constipation Formula...

Postby Guest » 27 Nov 2007, 10:38

I just started it last night. I'll update you in about a week. I'm trying one pill for now but will move up to two in 4 days if I don't see any action.

Postby buttgirl » 27 Nov 2007, 11:10

I started with two a day and have kept with the two a day since--one at lunch, one at dinner. The effects for me started the next day. My poo was smooth and easy to pass. I have taken two a day since and it has been over a month. My poo continues to be like it should be, smooth and easy to pass. I take this because no other fibers really worked for me. Psyllium and grain are binding. But this fiber along with the probiotics seems to do the trick. It is not binding and even on my constipated days (which are related to that time of month for me) my poo is soft and manageable (read soreness, but no reinjury).
If your fiber supplements are working for you, I would keep to them, but I personally, was never happy with any other supplementary fibers I tried. They either made things worse by creating larger harder poos or did not have a noticeable effect.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 27 Nov 2007, 12:11

Mine are on the way so I will update after I have given it a shot! I think for me I need to mix things up a bit or my body gets too used to it so this will be something I can add to the arsenal.

Postby motherluch » 27 Nov 2007, 12:45

I actually do not take any fiber supplements. In the past they all constipated me, so I try to get my fiber through my diet, and I know for sure i am not getting enough. I need something to help everything pass more smoothly, I was thinking of trying the olive oil by mouth, any idea how much i should take? Also, maybe the flax oil is better than the olive oil...any opinions there?? In addition to that I am thinking I will try the Digestive Advantage pills as well, I am just nervous to add too much at once. I definitely need something to help me go on a daily basis, as I have said before, I drink Natural Calm every night, or else I will not go at all.
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 27 Nov 2007, 13:09

I haven't tried the olive oil so I can't comment on that. But when I was constipated I would take a spoonful of flax seed oil in the am and one in the pm. Now I just add it to my veggie stir fry.

You could also try capsules too.

Postby motherluch » 28 Nov 2007, 14:47

2 questions...
Lecia...As far as the flax oil goes, I just bought Barleans flax oil, how much should I take? 1 or 2 teaspoons am and pm or 1 or 2 Tablespoons am and pm?? What effects should I see from it? And is it something I will notice the next day or does it take awhile??
Chris...How is it going with the Digestive Advatage?? Have you noticed anything yet??
Thanks!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 28 Nov 2007, 18:09

I took 1 tablespoon in the am and tablespoon in the pm.
I noticed it the next day-much easier coming out!

Postby Guest » 30 Nov 2007, 12:16

Ok...I've been using these for abotu 4 days and it's hard to tell. Honestly, things have been smoother, but at the same time, I'm finding what amounts to the contents of the pills not completely dispursed in my BM.
More to come....

Postby buttgirl » 30 Nov 2007, 12:25

Are you drinking a lot of water with the pills? are you taking them with meals? i have found these two things to be the trick for supplementary fiber for me.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67