Diltiazem precautions

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Diltiazem precautions

Postby StevePain » 18 Mar 2010, 10:50

I was just looking it up and found an article about Diltiazem precautions: http://heart-disease.emedtv.com/diltiazem/diltiazem-precautions-and-warnings.html
I was searching for this because I haven't been told about any possible side effects by my CRS nor is there any literature with the ointment so I felt pretty much "in the dark" about the does and donts associated with it. After reading i'm glad I haven't got hypotension instead of hypertension or I wouldn't be able to use the ointment!
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Re: Diltiazem precautions

Postby cherylk » 18 Mar 2010, 11:11

Steve,
Good of you to post that link as so many here have taken or are taking diltiazem. You might want to copy and past the link to the "references" site also on this board--found under the "home" link. Fortunately, I had none of the side effects listed, but as I stated previously, I only used a "pea-sized' amount each time I used the ointment. That might account for my lack of side effects--I also don't have any of the risk factors including low BP. I know now my weight gain was due to using the ointment. :roll:
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby StevePain » 18 Mar 2010, 12:53

Thanks cheryl,
It's always good to know the effects and side effects of any medication we're using, maybe it's just me, but I do like to be clued up wherever possible, indeed, your weight gain may have been one of the many side effects, it's good to put ones mind at rest.
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 18 Mar 2010, 12:56

I was just joking actually about the weight gain being due to diliatzem, but I guess I could use it as an excuse! I think it was merely due to eating more food and drinking Ensure!! Image
cherylk
VIP

Postby StevePain » 18 Mar 2010, 13:31

haha, there's no chance of me gaining any weight with the foods i'm eating.. I sooooo want to have the word "Healed" next to Mood on my profile, just like you then I can indulge a little! Image
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 18 Mar 2010, 15:35

Hey Steve, yup this one actually is true for nifedipine and nitroglycerin as well. I'm high strung and usually have pretty high blood pressure (anywhere from 125/85 to 150/100), but have been borderline hypotensive (high 80's over high 50's) when taking Valium and nitroglycerin. Once in a while I'd feel like my vision was fading out and have to lie down. I have a blood pressure monitor at home and used to be pretty obsessive about checking mine to make sure I wasn't in any danger, but have since gotten lazy about it.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby StevePain » 18 Mar 2010, 15:41

I know what you mean NG, every other ailment takes a back seat, fissure rules!! My blood pressure is sky high most of the time so i'm on medication (Bendroflumethiazide) I've had an ECG and it came back as normal, thankfully!! But i'm still unable to get the BP down. Maybe you should check yours NG, you never know
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 18 Mar 2010, 16:29

Wouldn't it be great if we could "share the weight"? I would gladly send some now to anyone, but I NEVER want to get skinny/thin like b/4 and have people ask/wonder about my weight which I think was very RUDE. A person does not usually comment on an overweight persons poundage, but yet many comment on weight loss and thinness. Still a pet peave of mine, as you can tell!!
cherylk
VIP

Postby StevePain » 18 Mar 2010, 16:46

cheryl..
Ignore what people say, at least your healed and happy! :D
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 18 Mar 2010, 17:12

Yes, I'm healed and happily thin no longer!! I'm going to post the website for my Crohn's walk site soon. In the meantime I will pray for healing for you, Steve, and NG that your diliatzem ointment will heal both of you. It can't hurt, and it might help! I'll also share your stories with my minister friend Dwight. He is very familiar with our butt situations and my various "butt buddies" as he calls them. He has even gone onto this site as a visitor!
cherylk
VIP