Does any one ever feel exhausted.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Does any one ever feel exhausted.

Postby Marsh37 » 28 Dec 2009, 17:47

Hello
I am new to the group I was recently diagnosed with Anal Fissures I always thought it was an internal hemmoroid (for at least a year). I really do not remeber how long I have actually been dealing with this issue I know for sure its been more than six months, I was just to embarrssed to go see the doctor. (Image ) I have gotten to the point where I cant take it anymore. The doc prescribed the Nitro which gives me a really bad headache, I go back to see the doc in Jan 2010. I think he is going to suggest the surgery. I just want to be out of pain I feel like this has taken over my life. Does anyone feel exhausted from these fissures or is it just me.
Thank you
Marsh37
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Does any one ever feel exhausted.

Postby Fissulyna » 29 Dec 2009, 04:01

You must be kidding LOL ??? Who would be exhausted of constant pain, worry, sleepless nights, eating cellulose , crying spells, not having a life ??? Fissures are major FUN !!!! LMAO
Joking on the side Image , I hope that you have a good CRS that will know what is the best next step for you !!! If you decide to do a LIS - you might ask him how many did he performe so far (should be 500 or more) and what was HIS success rate. He should be very strait-forward with answers. Good CRS is !!! Also ask how he performs it , what instrument he uses etc.
Nitro does give a headache - but it is just because your blood-pressure falls a little ! Nothing to worry about and what Tylenol would not take care of ; ) !!! That thing works for MANY people and you definitely should stick with it for a period of 8 -12 weeks to see if it will help. I am giving you that period since most studies ever done used that time-frame and if fissure does not heal in 12 weeks with nitro (or other conservative methods), than you should think about LIS. Of course - if you just can not take it any more - going for a LIS before that period would is OK too !!!
Many people do...
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Del » 29 Dec 2009, 04:17

Yes Marsh,
Tired and exhausted, as Fiss says the lack of sleep and continual pain and discomfort wear you down. Like you I am seeing the Doc in January and am looking forward to seeing his face when I absolutely refuse to let him insert anything up my butt that might cause pain. Remember its your butt and you have to deal with the after effects of anything they do so makesure they know it hurts because sometimes it seems as though they don't know.
My General Practitioner was quite surprised that the pain was enough to stop me sleeping and I was missing work.
Del
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Marsh37 » 29 Dec 2009, 05:22

Hey Thanks guys I feel like Im losing it I am always uncomfortable, I hate trying to go to the bathroom because of seeing the blood. I think I had 2 good days in the last 2 weeks. I havent lost anytime from work but,most mornings I wake up and just want to sit in the freakin tub. Im just frustrated. Image I did not know that this could turn my life upside down.
Marsh37
Salt Bather

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 29 Dec 2009, 19:10

Hey Marsh, I think the fatigue is definitely normal given the terrible pain caused by the fissure. When mine first started it was all I could think about. Every moment I was dreading the next bowel movement.
Have you tried a stool softener laxative like Miralax? It's done wonders for myself and many others here. By itself it probably won't heal the fissure but it can definitely make pooping less painful and terrifying.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Del » 30 Dec 2009, 08:11

I'm luckier than you Marsh, (if anyone with this thing can be called lucky) in that I bleed on the first showing of a fissure but don't tend to bleed after so long as I take care. I then heal for a while until my next episode. So it sounds like you have one of the nasty ones so my sympathies are with you.
Del
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Of Course!

Postby small_flower » 30 Dec 2009, 09:45

Marsh,
I understand how you feel. I had a similar situation to yours where I was told I had hemorrhoids, and was treating my butt as such for months and months and months, until it got really bad. It really sucks when your doctor misdiagnoses you and causes you all that extra pain. Talk about frustrating. Image
When you add that to the constant pain and embarrassment and desperation to make the pain stop, and the fear of what you might have to go through to get to that point, I think anyone would be exhausted. Don't worry, you're not alone. Image
The surgery is the only thing that worked for me. I tried the nitro too, but like you I got pretty nasty headaches from it, and my treatment on it did not last long.
Stay here with us and feel free to moan and groan all you want. We are very understanding
Kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby Corsi » 30 Dec 2009, 15:01

Marsh...fissures are exhausting...pain sucks the life out of you.
How are you doing Kate?
Corsi :)
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

I give up

Postby Marsh37 » 30 Dec 2009, 17:54

My appointment with the doctor was moved up to monday the 4th of Jan. I think I am just gonna ask for the surgery this has taken over to much of my life. I have tried Stool Softeners, I take a fiber choice chewable tablet once a day I have increased my water intake... and yes I am always scared to go use the restroom because of the pain... How long does it take to recover fully from surgery....
Marsh37
Salt Bather

Postby Nebelwerfer_ » 02 Feb 2010, 19:12

I hope the surgury works for you, I am leaning towards doing it since I have had this since october and am not seeing success.
Nebelwerfer_
Salt Bather

Topics: 11