Dry bm woes

Dry bm woes

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Dry bm woes

Postby Whitey » 14 Aug 2017, 15:58

So after taking olive oil before breakfast every morning, using coconut oil, diltiazem cream, drinking 3 litres of water a day, flax seeds and fybrgel mornimg and night I'm still having dry sore poos. Massively changed my diet too. First it was fissure now I've got an even more sore lump just outside my anus. Was really hoping I could beat this but it it's really getting me down
Whitey
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Dry bm woes

Postby Desperate35 » 15 Aug 2017, 16:40

I had terrible issues with dry painful stools - I felt at my wits end as I knew the pain in the arse wouldn't go away unless I got my stools to a nice soft consistency. I tried changing my diet, drinking water, Fybrogel, Lactulose - all to no avail. The turning point for me was Movicol and magnesium supplements - I take 2 sachets of Movicol (morning and night - they taste VILE!) and a magnesium tablet before bed. I've been doing this for the past week and the difference has been amazing - my poo's are lovely and soft and can be expelled with no straining and best of all...very little pain. I've gone from 2x paracetamol every 4 hours to taking just 2 in a whole week. Getting the poo soft really is the key. Good luck!
Desperate35
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Paininthebutt2017 » 25 Aug 2017, 12:45

Hi Desperate35, thanks for your advice. What magnesium and how much do you take ? Thank you!! I have issues after botox emptying myself and despite movicol twice a day my stools are too sticky ...
Paininthebutt2017
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Fissurefrustration » 29 Aug 2017, 06:18

Hey, I've had the same battle for ages.

Too soft and I don't get full evacuation and then I get that horrible acidic burn throughout the day.

Too hard and I get those dry painful stools that sting like a mother, leaving irritation throughout the day!!

It's a fine balance to get - I try to balance it out with a healthy intake of water in the day. I may go back to Magnesium but I'm worried about it affecting my bloods and causing something else to go wrong, but may resort to that later.

All the best
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56