Eveerything is ok, I hate to say good yet and jinx myself..

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Eveerything is ok, I hate to say good yet and jinx myself..

Postby Guest » 16 Jul 2007, 17:24

Hello,
Well the colace seems to be working, Today 2 BMs no blood and pain was managable. I go to the CRS Wednesday and I know I will have some pain. I am gonna keep taking the colace for a couple more days. It can't hurt right?? When my poo is mushy I have less pain than if it was formed more. Does that sound familialr to anyone? I wish I could sit down normal. After the AF is healed can you sit normal again??
Thanks for listening...
Patty

Re: Eveerything is ok, I hate to say good yet and jinx myself..

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Jul 2007, 17:30

Actually, patty, it sounds opposite of my experience. If my BMs were mushy, oh my, it was horrible, that's when I had the burning the worst.
My absolute worst days occurred when I had mushy BMs.....
Yes, you can sit any old way you like, once it heals.
There is nothing in my day-to-day life that reminds me I had a fissure, except being on this board..., he he...
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 16 Jul 2007, 17:38

Kim,
Thanks for the response. One more question What do you think contributed to your set back, before you decided to have surgery??
Also, Have you talked to Lecia? Is she ok??
Patty

Postby SunshineHope » 16 Jul 2007, 17:41

Hey Patty, it's the same for me. I stopped taking Metemucil because it made my stools firm/hard and I couldn't handle them being so big. I agree that too much softness in the stool can be really burning but for me the harder stools were more of a problem. I guess it depends!
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Jul 2007, 17:45

I think when I stopped using the nefedipine, and I fell off the diet a wee bit. I was getting so burnt-out and tired, mentally stressed by the fissure like everyone gets. And it got worse again. Not only that, but it got to the point where I could not sit at all...for the first few months, I could sit normally in the afternoon and evening, but by the end of it all, I could never sit "normally" except on rare occasions.
Lecia is fine and recovering nicely. She has even started back posting. I think she's still weak from the GA wearing off, just a little...
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 16 Jul 2007, 17:51

Hey Patty,
I am back. This is my first day posting after the surgery on Friday. I can actually get my lazy arse out of bed now without it tugging too much.
I think whatever works for you, works for us. I know for me there is a fine balance between too formed and too mushy. I would stay on the colace. I think if it is working why mess with it? You will have plenty of time to get off of it eventually when you are ready.
You will get to sit normally again. There are still days when I find myself sitting and I am like "wow, I cant believe I am doing this.
Glad you have an appointment on Wednesday. That will be good to check in with him
It will be okay!

Postby buttgirl » 16 Jul 2007, 18:01

I find too mushy to be less of a problem. My AF started with too hard and big.

When I had the abscess surgery in Feb, I was on some pretty heavy antibiotics that gave me the runs for over two months (Jan til the end of March). I told my drs. and all they said was "are you loosing weight?" when I said "maybe a couple of pounds," they shrugged off my worry about loose stools.

So that is my long winded way of saying, anywhere from liquid to toothpaste consistency works best for me. Actually toothpaste consistency is the best. Anything harder causes me problems. Then again the entire length of my anus was cut down to the muscle, so any straining was a huge no no for me.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 16 Jul 2007, 18:07

Lecia!!!
I am glad you are ok!! I missed you. Kim and everyone else have been great on the forum. I had a few bad days of bleeding. Hopefully the colace helpde. I will let you know about my appt Wed. I have my Adavan to take. HEhe....Thnaks again! I hope you are ok. I like talking to everyone, but I missed your kind words. Do you feel ok? No pain from the surgery? I am so glad such a nice pic posted of you..Keep you fingers crossed for me..
Patty

Postby Guest » 16 Jul 2007, 18:10

Sunshinehope,
You are right, those big BMs hurrrtt. But the mushy ones can sting. I guess everyone is different. I have my appt Wed with the CRS.. we will see, wish me luck...
Patty

Postby Guest » 16 Jul 2007, 18:10

I will definitely be thinking of you the day after tomorrow. Glad to hear you aren't bleeding today.
I am on pain meds but I am feeling much better today. I am just lying her with an ice pack on my belly.
Talk soon, Patty!