Evening primrose oil

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Evening primrose oil

Postby Guest » 10 Jul 2008, 12:30

That is fantastic. Do you have any family that helps at all?

Postby val » 10 Jul 2008, 12:35

Lecia, so glad you're doing ok, thats such good news!
Tabby, sorry you're suffering, I know how you feel about it being painful all day and settling down by the evening!!
I was sensitive to diltiazem too, but I didnt use it for ages and then tried it again. I've found I can use it for about 3 or 4 days and then that awful itch comes back so I stop using it for a week then try again. That seems to work! As soon as it begins to itch though, I stop it straight away. I'm hoping that eventually I might be able to use it again.
Hope you get better again soon!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 10 Jul 2008, 12:41

I am blessed...
Yes i have inlaws close by, but my mum is the other end of the UK ! My inlaws rock too !
Dear Val , thank you, i know you know that feeling ...
That is a good tip ! if i can just use it for the next few days to settle things down before the examination that would be ideal !
Hope you are doing OK !

Postby Jen » 30 Oct 2008, 22:10

Tabby -
Are you still using the evening primrose? Didn't you use it to keep things regular during your period? I never had a hard poo problem during my period before this month, but I am having issues this week. I thought of you and the evening primrose. I am thinking about getting some if you think it still helps.
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 31 Oct 2008, 07:52

I use it, Jen. Tabby got me turned on to it. I take 1300 mg every day and it really seems to help with my spasms cramps and constipation. I would definitely recommend it!

Postby Guest » 31 Oct 2008, 09:06

Jen Image
I am still using E/P and will forever , it helps me with the cramping and yes that slow moving feel around period time , so many other health benifits too - http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/evening-primrose.html
I am now taking 1000mg daily , i know this dose can be used 3 times a day but once is fine for me, sometimes the week before my period i will up the dose !
All us ladies here should being using the E/P :D it was the very one thing my dear friend took religiously everyday for many many years, that and cod liver oil !
:hcat:

Postby Jen » 31 Oct 2008, 20:13

Lecia & Tabby -
Thanks for the info! I think I am going to try some. Where do you buy it at? I have never seen it in the stores?
I read the article Tabster! Rock on - it improves fertility and we want to try for a baby next year! :)
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 01 Nov 2008, 07:07

Jen,
I was perusing the fibre aisle yesterday and see that there are benefibre tabs. Have you ever tried those? When do you leave for your trip????? How are your studies going? Do you get a break--is that why you can take a trip? Does your nursing school provide day care for your little boy? You are busy with studying and raising a child. I cannot imagine when you have time to do your homework!! I was always exhausted when my children finally went to bed!!!
Cheryl
Image Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 01 Nov 2008, 08:02

I thought that article may intrest you :D
I buy my E/P from my local health shop but have also seen it in supermarkets !
Goodluck Jen !

Postby Jen » 01 Nov 2008, 09:13

Thanks again Tabby! :)
Cheryl -
I do have the tabs also. They are most expensive so I use them in emergency situations where I can not mix the poweder in my food. I think I may take them to Hawaii to because they will be easier to take there when we eat out and such.
I do have a week break for Thanksgiving, and thats when we are going to hawaii. Its kind of like an early graduation gift to me since we hope I will be pregnant next year when I graduate and we don't want to do any major traveling.
My son goes to daycare at someones house. They are licensed and I really trust and like her (so does my boy). I have off a weekday when he goes to daycare and I usually do most my homework then, and along with going to Starbucks on Sundays, thats when I do my studing.
I hope all is well with you. I know your a busy gal too with your autism program. Do you do any traveling for that?
Did you buy the benefiber tablets? Someone told me they don't work as well, but I have not noticed.
Jen
King Fissure