terrified

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: terrified

Postby scared ann » 19 Dec 2013, 13:06

UPDATE:a
As a bit of history, I had been taking 2-3 collapse tabs every night at bedtime plus a dose of Miralax to keep my stools soft for a year prior to my surgery. I got home from surgery about 3 PM on Monday with ;1 Percoset in me and starting to feel some pain. Kept on the Percoset combined with 600 mg Ibuprofin throughout the evening and stil had right much pain. I'll be the first to admit I don't have very much tolerance for pain. After a call to my dr. I took 1 and a half Percoset and finally got ahead of the pain about midnight and was able to sleep the rest of the night.
I took serious everyone's comments about drinking plenty of water. I drank 10 eight ounce glasses from 3 pm to midnight. I also took 2 collapse at 4 pm, 2 more at 7 pm and two more at 10 pm, plus a dose of Miralax at 6 pm and again at 11 pm. It really paid off.
As I posted earlier, my first bowel movement was unexpected while soaking but did not hurt at all. Just a slight burning sensation. This was about 10 am on the morning following surgery. I kept up the 10 glasses of water the second day, with 1 collapse at 10 am, one at 5 pm and two at 10 pm, plus a dose of Miralax at 10 pm. I ate lightly, concentrating on high fiber things that I knew had kept by stool soft previously, like whole wheat bread, baked fish, stir-fried spinach, grapes, etc. I had a second bowel movement later in the afternoon, also while in the sitz bath. Both were soft but formed, not runny. I didn't take the Percoset the second. Day and only took the Ibuprofin.
Day three. I didn't take anypainmeds last night and slept al the way through. Stomach a little irritated from the Ibuprofin, but I try to eat before taking it. Had a soft, bowel movement again this morning on the commode and not painful. Still a slight burning sensation, but not pain. Took only 400 mg of Ibuprofin this morning. Continuing with tub soaks inwarm water every3-4 hours and lots of water and high fiber light eating. So far so good....
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby owmybum » 19 Dec 2013, 14:25

Ann..... I'm really pleased to read how well things are going for you!!

Keep it up, and you'll be doing cartwheels by new year!! Lol

:smilyhug:
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Loves Tennis » 19 Dec 2013, 14:49

Yipee !! You are making progress, one point my surgeon is not a huge fan of soaking in the bath for long periods, just short "clean up" one's as it keeps the skin soft and delays healing..............just a point...........but you are doing great WELL DONE !! x
Loves Tennis
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby owmybum » 23 Dec 2013, 09:02

How are you doing Ann??

OMB xx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby scared ann » 24 Dec 2013, 18:49

It is now the 8th day since my surgery. I am still feeling some burning sensation and mild pain, a bit more pain today than past days. I did notice a few drops of blood in the toilet when I had a BM this afternoon, but BMs still soft with collace and Miralax. Recovery seems slow but swelling is going down each day so I guess it is healing well.

Thank you OMB for checking on me...
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby scared ann » 26 Dec 2013, 11:13

Hi loves tennis!how are you?thanks for the input.i cut down my soaking from 4 to twice a day
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Loves Tennis » 26 Dec 2013, 13:42

Hi Ann...slowly but surely, over time and with each day healing will work and improve. I am great, had a lovely family Christmas and enjoying time off work. Keep up the great improvements..........and remember, Onwards and Upwards !!
xx
Loves Tennis
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby shyme » 29 Dec 2013, 04:15

Hello Scared Ann.. i am trying to reply you with your message through my pm but i don't know
How to do it..i can't send. Well.. i am not in US i am here in Israel.. but i am filipina.
I am planning to get operation in my country..considering that there i can fully
Understand with the doctors explaination. Some of Dr.'s here can't speak english well, and a friend of mine had an
Surgery she don't know what surgery she had as no proper explaination with thw dr.'s she saaid the dr.said
He remove the hemorrhoid..fistula and fissure and she even know what kind of surgery it is and what they do on her anus..that's
Scared me..co'z i am not also good in hebrew. My fissure is healed coz i was really
Carefull my diet.. but it remains with anal tag which embarrasing i think like a raisen size.
I want it to remove but i want to be sure if i also need LIS because sometimes if had hard stool
It return but not like as before and it healed fast for 2days. Are you from philippines?
shyme

Postby shyme » 29 Dec 2013, 04:19

By the way.. how was your surgery? I pray for youe fast recovery.. keep us updated...i knew
You are on the way to healed completely.. God Bless... advance Happy new year...
shyme

Postby scared ann » 07 Jan 2014, 14:39

3 weeks update...everything went well i thought.untill 2days ago.i found a bump between my butt cheek and my anus.si I called the doctor and said that he will look at it.today he confirmed that I have an abcesss or I should infection.he said 1 out 100 will get infection.he said I am special.he set me up for surgery for my abcess in two days.and I'm soooo scared about it.i have a smooth recovery with my LIS now I don't know.please of any body have this experienced I need all the advice I can get.I am soooo down and scared...
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist