First poo after lis

Like first pee after a baby

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

First poo after lis

Postby hopefulbutt » 23 Jan 2014, 09:31

I wish I could say it was completely painless but it was much better than I expected! Feel like singing and dancing if my bum was cool with that! Some sharpness at lis sight and then burning after for a few minutes till I rinsed off with the shower head. No muscle pain. Woot woot. By far not the most painful bm I've had. And I could feel it coming. I wouldn't have minded being even a bit looser but that's ok. Wish I had done this two years ago. My Crs still wants me to use the diltiazam for the fissure to further help it heal. Thanks for all the well wishes. I hope tomorrow's bm is just as good.
I must say for those considering botox or lis, I think the lis is more tailored. After having botox twice and having some gas incontinhence with it and I still tore. I hope this lis finally does the trick.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Re: First poo after lis

Postby Hatetopoop » 23 Jan 2014, 10:10

great to hear hopeful! That's wonderful...I too was pleasantly surprised. Just keep your foods soft and light meals, continue with stool softeners and I also take a fiber pill. Every day you will feel better and I have to agree, wish I had done this three years ago because nothing is WORSE than fissure pain. Take two ibuprofen if you need for pain afterwards. I also use my hair blower to "dry" my bum now. Works great...You will know how to fine tune your diet to help your bum this week. It does get better with each day.
Hatetopoop
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14