Fissure / Botox diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Fissure / Botox diary

Postby Flaneur » 18 Aug 2014, 07:38

Update. I'm in pain every day at about the 2-3 o'clock position. It's a paper cut / burning feeling. Just awful. I'm pretty sure the fissure is back. Seeing the CRS this week, for the first time since the botox. I'm thinking of pursuing more natural remedies, possibly a naturopath to start with. And I think cutting out gluten helped previously so I need t try that, too. I just love cake and bread too much!
I do t think I'm having keeping, but my stools are so soft, cleanup is messy so it's hard to tell. I'm still trying to get the stool softener balance right. I take a dose of benefiber, 20ml lactulose, magnesium and two coloxyl each night. I know it's too much to maintain. Some night I replace the lactulose with movicol. I hate the idea of being dependent on these thing, especially such a high dose, but also don't want to get backed up if I cut it off. I'm working in a stressful job, and still breastfeeding a baby, so it seems lots of things are stacked against me. Just trying to manage stress as best I can so that doesn't make things worse.
As always, sorry for the typos. One handed on my phone while I feed the baby doesn't do well for accuracy!
Flaneur
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby msimon » 26 Aug 2014, 00:09

Hi Flaneur. I'm sorry to read of your struggles. I really hope things turn out for you real soon. It sounds like you have had a tough time with the botox. I too am struggling. May I ask if you know how much you got? Do you think it's wearing off yet? Did it give you the feeling of falling out back there or that you have to have a BM a lot when there isn't anything there? These are the problems I am having. I hope it ends soon.

You know it's funny, my CRS seemed to think that botox would help with hemmies. I don't know if I agree...
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby msimon » 21 Sep 2014, 03:47

Any update? How have you been?
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope