Fissure from aggressive cleaning/ wiping

Anyone else

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fissure from aggressive cleaning/ wiping

Postby Sauger9531 » 27 Aug 2021, 10:14

My fissures have been with me for years. I always bleed when wiping and thought it was normal. I have hemorrhoids also and it takes a bit to clean. I use wet wipes and really have to wipe a lot to get clean. Over time this created fissures that just won’t heal. I now use a squirt bottle at work to clean and shower at home after bowel movements. I take Metamucil every day. My BM are fine , soft and no constipation. I have tried every cream on the market. I fear they have been around to long and will never heal. I had the surgery for fissures I had in my 20,s . I don’t think I could go through that again. I’m frustrated. Has anyone had the same pattern as me. My fissures came from aggressive wiping not constipation. I have one on the outside in the posterior and the latest one is in the middle at around 9:00 if you where looking at a clock. I’m just not sore what to do.
Sauger9531

Topics: 1

Re: Fissure from aggressive cleaning/ wiping

Postby Fissurefrustration » 07 Oct 2021, 03:32

Hi Sauger,

So sorry to hear of your struggles, welcome to the forum. Yes aggressive wiping or wiping with rough paper can aggravate the area and potentially cause a fissure or make existing ones worse.

I always use the shower to clean myself off, or a sitz bath. I find it a much more gentle way to clean.

FF
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Re: Fissure from aggressive cleaning/ wiping

Postby Rich44 » 10 Oct 2021, 22:18

Buy a bidet right now. Seriously. One of the best things I ever bought in my entire life. Makes cleaning a million times easier and saves a lot of paper. You can get one to retrofit a toilet.
Fissure June 2014 - Oct 2020
Botox, skin tag removed - Feb 2015
Levator Ani Sep 2014 - Feb 2016 (left job, cured!)
LIS, skin tags removed - Oct 2020
Fissure 100% healed - Nov 2020
Still healed as of March 2024
Rich44
Proctosphincteranalogist