Fissure not healing after LIS!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Fissure not healing after LIS!

Postby NoName » 02 Jan 2023, 19:08

Hello all,
I need some help here please.
I had LIS 4 weeks ago and the bowel movement after the surgery was CRAZY! But anyways I got through it and I felt better until 10 days after surgery when I had Pizza and my stool got hard again despite using Fiber powder and stool softeners and Miralax and prune juice. That resulted in a retear and I was in pain for another 4 days. So we are 2 weeks after surgery at this point. I visited my doctor and he said if I don’t get better in another 2 weeks, we can start thinking about second LIS and fissurectomy. So I limited my diet to only vegetable and fruits hoping to heal the fissure without second LIS. I got better until 2 days ago ( which is like 3 weeks past surgery) . My stool got hard again ( I think because of pomegranate) and painful again and I’ve been having pain since then for almost two days. (Today is 3.5 weeks after surgery) now my question is that what’s going on with me?! Why doesn’t this fissure gi away and what should I do? Why my stool gets hard even though I’m having a very high fiber diet and tons of stool softener and miralax. At this point I think maybe my doctor should do a colonoscopy, maybe I have a condition that causes my stool to be hard? Any suggestions? I’m in a lot of pain.
NoName
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4