fissure sending me insane

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

fissure sending me insane

Postby fedupkitty » 16 Apr 2013, 02:50

hello all ive been lurking around these forums for a while reading lots of advice. Ive decided to introduce myself :) I had a terrible experience several years ago whichi believe is what lead to my fissures. Approx 2 years ago I went to CRS when they became unbareable and I was swiftly put through for botox injections...I woke up feeling like the richest happiest most u touchable person in the world there was nopain whatsoever. Since then I have had panic moments in which I get a little tender but then it subsides.. This was until A fortnight ago ....its all started again and i think it may have been diorhea which set it off as id an upset stomach... now I am ready for curling up in a ball and never wakening up again. Its been 4 days since I had a BM I was so desperate last night thatI used 2 suppositories which certainly tried to get the stool out bit my bottom wouldnt open up because of the extreme pain :( The pain this time round is unbelieveable i was literally pulling my hair whilst trying to pass my BM...still it wouldnt come out now ive pains down my legs and struggling to pass urine because i am so backed up. I am in the UK and cannot find anywhere to buy an enema. I have an appointment with my miracle CRS but its a week a way and thats earliest I could get. ive also had to go private as my own nhs doc doesnt seem to really have a clue. Ive had to take time off work.. my relationship is being abandoned...im in my final few months of my degree and missing valuable time at uni...we have a family holiday coming up soon and im just going to be miserable ... is there nothing I can get in the UK to freeze the pain for a while to allow me to go?? anybody any suggestions? ive tried absolutley everything I feel completely impacted but my bottom just wont open at all because of the pain :( I dont know how people can live with these for months because right now if I was told id be in this much pain for the next few months id honestly rather be dead :(
fedupkitty
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: fissure sending me insane

Postby Positive Girl » 16 Apr 2013, 03:34

Hi there.........God I can so relate to how you are feeling.
First you must make sure you avoid constipation. I know exactly how you feel about not "letting go" I just dread going to the loo, I avoid it for as long as I can because once I go I know I am for hours of agony plus going is like passing glass.
DRINK LOTS OF WATER.........I never used to but it works, also drink prune juice and eat lot of fruit and veg, if you can get your poo soft and as liquid as possible you can then give the skin a chance to heal. Also I take a sachet of Fybogel each evening with a dessert spoon of Laxose. Also try putting Vaseline on your bum before you go as it makes it easier to pass. I can't give u any adice obout enema's but I really hope you can manage to get "moving" I wish you the best of luck. I by the way have thought the same about rather being dead.......but hang in there, make the changes and hopefully the CRS can offer some help
Positive Girl
Fibre Addict

Postby fedupkitty » 16 Apr 2013, 03:38

thank you for replying. yes ive been having two sachets of movicol a day and lots of water when i try to go i start getting palpatations which scares me. now i just want it out so much ive tried vaseline and suppositories it feels like its stuck in there forever. I really hope I can have the surgery again at the moment im just having water as i cant face eating plus nowhere for it to go lol... need to ask for laxose then see if it will help...thanks again
fedupkitty
Fibre Addict

Postby owmybum » 16 Apr 2013, 11:58

Try a warm relaxing bath... That might help you to go.
When you do go, put Vaseline on and try and elevate your feet somehow. I use a little foldaway stool.
Maybe try taking a painkiller just before you feel the need to go.
I can so relate to the vicious circle you have got into, and if you feel too uncomfortable pop into a&e and see if they have anything that can help.
Good luck, and I hope you can find relief soon.
OMB xx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby fedupkitty » 16 Apr 2013, 12:15

thank you ive tried baths they seem to help and i can get started with a motion but it just wont come its going into such a spasm that it is so tight i dont even think liquid would come out dr is sending me to hospital tomorrow if i havent passed stools by morning which im terrified i dread to think what theyd do in hospital :/ she has given me suppositories to help relieve the pain but ive no idea how im going to insert them. its so good to speak to others who understand thank you for the advice
fedupkitty
Fibre Addict

Postby Ever the Optimist » 16 Apr 2013, 14:09

Hi Fedupkitty,
It sounds to me like you have got yourself so stressed out, so tense, so scared with the whole issue that this is a major part of your issue....You are almost stopping yourself from "releasing" because you can't relax in anyway and let go and I can totally understand that and it's a horrible horrible place to be....Everyone here is right when they say you have to consume lots of fluids - Overeat on fruits and veggies (lots of OJ with "bits") to the point you get your stools runny if you have to - just so you get used to releasing something (as Positive Girl) has also mentioned. Even a laxative at this stage could be a consideration? I'd seriously recommend a good chat with a GP you are comfortable with, about the whole stress thing you are going through because you need to break the cycle. I was actually prescribed anti-depressants to get through the worst and although they're not for everyone, short term, they can be a true friend in helping you just cope with the intensity of it all. Again, Valium, is amazing for giving you a release from the burden you are carrying and although these are obviously not for long-term use, you just need something at this stage to help you and I know they helped me at my very worst too. I would honestly go seek some help with your stress levels and work on reducing these too and as YOU calm down, everything else will start to calm down too. Oh! and totally agree with OMB - Take a painkiller a good half hour before you have a BM to get some pain relief kicking in to take the rawness off the whole ordeal. Truly good luck to you - You WILL get through this cycle but sounds like you really do need some help right now xx Lots of slow deep breaths!
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby fedupkitty » 16 Apr 2013, 15:49

thank you so much for the reply it really helped i had certainly worked myself into a complete frenzy its just this pain as im sure you all know is imense i had a terrible time giving birth to my daughter but id do it ten times over before id want to go through this pain! i managed to get instillagel from out of hours doctor which did numb the area enough for me to get some stools out im not completely empty but feel so much better for getting some out and will use more of the geland try again tomorrow i just cannot wait to see the CRS on weds and see what he suggests ...thank you both so much for the advice xx
fedupkitty
Fibre Addict

Postby Positive Girl » 17 Apr 2013, 02:29

Hi Fedupkitty, hope your appointment with the CRS goes well and he can offer you some help. I had a really bad day yesterday after a BM and ended up sitting on my exercise ball and putting an ice cube (wrapped in a plastic sandwich bag!!) up my rear end the cooling effect of the ice helped to somewhat relieve the pain. I find that painkillers just do not help. Does anyone out there use an painkillers that do work.....if Yes what is the name of it ? Thanks to you all for the tips and help, it really helps to know that I am not alone in this x
Positive Girl
Fibre Addict

Postby Rachael 1984 » 17 Apr 2013, 02:40

FEDUPKITTY, i was in your stressed out state a month or so ago.. i agree with Ever the optimist, Antidepressants can really help. I was crying daily, working myself into a frenzy, not wanting to live... I really thought it would be better if i didn't wake up. I then realised i needed to get out of the cycle of stress. The ADS have really helped, and i am now feeling more positive, and i am coping better with daily life. please hang on in there and good luck with the CRS. Tell the CRS how much this is affecting you. Image
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby 3 years now » 17 Apr 2013, 08:49

in Canada, we can buy an enema right off the shelf at any and every drugstore. Enemas must be available in the UK, if not, try buying them online. An enema once a week can do wonders.
Good luck to you.
3 years now
Salt Bather

Topics: 9