Fissure Success

Diltiazem Ointment

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Fissure Success

Postby RSG33 » 25 Dec 2020, 02:31

I just wanted to let you know that I found success for a persistent fissure that lasted 9 months. I tried the GTN ointment and it got worse. Diltiazem had me fixed in 4 days!

I have had bleeding internal piles that came back about every 3-4 weeks and I use diltiazem for 3-4 days and it clears it right up.

The piles only come back when I get hard stools or do not use the toilet when immediately needed.

It is imperative to keep stools soft. I run marathons and climb mountains which caused dehydration. I have learned that I cannot get dehydrated. I have set reminders on my phone to drink water.

If I think my food and lifestyle will cause a hard stool I stick vaseline up my bum and use lactulose drink.

I have been 2 months pile free and 8 months fisure free after 9 months of bleeding and intense pain.

Ask your doc for diltiazem. They are reluctant in the UK because it is expensive. You need to get your stools soft so drink a lot of water. I am 38 and had hard stools all my life because of lack of water.

I also severely cut down on alcohol.

I also highly recommend going to the toilet normally and not being afraid of tearing. I found I needed to relax as I was tightening up and pushing strangely. Just relax and push it out without hesitating or trying to stop half way.

Good luck, don’t give up, I thought there was no end in sight.

Please reply if this helped you.
RSG33

Topics: 1

Re: Fissure Success

Postby Pzgre » 19 Jan 2021, 11:42

Thank you!
Pzgre
Salt Bather

Topics: 1