fissure with inflammation

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

fissure with inflammation

Postby ripsy13 » 03 May 2017, 22:28

Hello

I had inflammation on fissure and overly tight anus. Dr prescribe nifedipine 0.3% to put externally. But its not relaxing my anus.
Can you please advise me is i continue with nifedipine or i need to change with steroid cream.
Some says steroid is not good for fissure.
What will i do?

Thanks
ripsy13
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: fissure with inflammation

Postby raoden » 04 May 2017, 10:39

Hi ripsy13,

I also have a fissure with some inflammation. The first CRS I saw prescribed me Diltiazem only. But then I saw a 2nd CRS closer to my home and he asked me to use Analpram a Cortisone cream for 2 weeks and then switch back to Diltiazem after the 2 weeks. He said it will help decrease the inflammation and pain. Also he asked me to take Advil (Ibuprofen) 3 times a day as well. I am not sure if the HyrdroCortisone + Advil is helping or if my BMs are better now. My burning/stabbing pain and clenching feeling has decreased from 4 to 5 hours after BM to only about an hour of much milder burning and no clenching. I saw a lot of posts on this forum about thinning skin with steroid usage. So I am very worried about using it. But I am also worried about stopping it before my CRS asks me to stop it.

Thanks.
raoden
Salt Bather

Topics: 5